Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bacchus Oud Bruin

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

codfishh

Bacchus Oud Bruin

Post by codfishh »

I've had a couple of these since the fall release has started hitting the shelves, I've been really enjoying.

Pours a reddish brown, with a big off white head. Some sourness and winey smells.

A little sourness in the taste but balanced with the sweetness of the malt, I honestly could do with a little more sourness, I haven't had much experience with sour beers some of the others I have had have been too sour.

Either way I thought it was a good beer, I'd definitely pick it up again.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Yep - it's pretty yummy. Not quite as sour, as you say, as the cuvee rene, but I do like the malt/sour mix...I'm kinda wondering how it would cellar.

...I can't wait to make a carbonnade with it though!!!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Pretty simple, not nearly as complex as is typical for the style. Lacking much of the vinegar character and bitterness to balance that you'd hope for. That said, it certainly is an easy quaff and enjoyable when you're not after something all that complex.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i really like this one as well, as others have said its not as big and punchy as panil or rodenbach gran cru but its a very enjoyable beverage