Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

velovampire wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Cale wrote: Funnel Blower is easily the best surprise of the past few releases - for me at least. I love the stuff.
Me three.
And me four.
I'll five that up...I liked the Dark and Handsome, but this one is great...about to try the maple stout...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I saw the Charlevoix Tripel in my local LC today. Haven't had this since 2006 at the microbrasserie pub in Baie Saint Paul. Really looking forward to trying it this weekend.

Also saw Wychwood King Goblin and Sam Adams Oktoberfest.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

pootz wrote:All I wants t' know is where the hell is the Ayinger
Looks like it's in stores now. :D

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

velovampire wrote:
pootz wrote:All I wants t' know is where the hell is the Ayinger
Looks like it's in stores now. :D
Not in KW, because why in the f*** would we want German beer during Oktoberfest? :cry:

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Funnel Blower was just ok. I'd rather have Fullers.

Bob_McBob

Post by Bob_McBob »

Pumking is now listed at $8.65 on the web site. It was $9.00 when I bought a few bottles last weekend. What's up with that?

I am also pretty annoyed that the Ayinger Celebrator still hasn't shown up in KW. Seriously, LCBO? Is it actually going to be available here? Will they order if from another store for me?

probstk

Post by probstk »

Bob_McBob wrote:Pumking is now listed at $8.65 on the web site. It was $9.00 when I bought a few bottles last weekend. What's up with that?

I am also pretty annoyed that the Ayinger Celebrator still hasn't shown up in KW. Seriously, LCBO? Is it actually going to be available here? Will they order if from another store for me?
I've been scratching my head lately at some of the wonky distribution of the Fall and Oktoberfest beers. I thought that I knew where beers would end up in Ottawa. Instead of the usual spots, there are like 100 bottles at some random location and nothing anywhere else. Getting a little discouraged and annoyed. Oh well, I'll have a beer to relax. :wink:

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Peche mortel 4 packs, corne du dialble 4 packs and porter baltique are showing in the lcbo system. Hopefully all out this week.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Stroonze wrote:Peche mortel 4 packs, corne du dialble 4 packs and porter baltique are showing in the lcbo system. Hopefully all out this week.
Wow! Does this all but confirm that Peche Mortel is a general listing (since it wasn't listed on any of the seasonal releases)?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=244376

...any day now...

(8.3 seems kinda low, btw)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Peche Mortel, Corne du diable and Porter Baltique are going to be ordered tomorrow at the Aurora store on bayview and st john, will be in store on the monday from what the store manager told me today.

Streets

Post by Streets »

JeffPorter wrote: (8.3 seems kinda low, btw)
Yeah you're right. The original release info says 10%, and their website has it pegged at 9.2%. Oh well, I'm just hoping to find a good substitute for the black chocolate stout that we won't be seeing this year, and am hoping this porter might do the trick.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

JeffPorter wrote:http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=244376

...any day now...

$7.99 at Broue Ha Ha in Gatineau.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=244376

...any day now...

The 8.3 is very low. Makes you wonder about the listed ABV on many beers out there. The one thing I won't complain about the LCBO is their lab accuracy. It is state of the art.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Just like SuperCollider took a 2 % drop...