Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo Cask Ale Festival - Dec 2 - 4, 2011

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rudolf

Buffalo Cask Ale Festival - Dec 2 - 4, 2011

Post by rudolf »

The 2011 Buffalo Cask Ale Festival will take place at both Coles and Mr. Goodbar the weekend of December 2 - 4th.

As in previous years this will be a pay as you go event. Beers have yet to be determined, but given what has been available in years past I'm sure the selection will be top notch.

Coles is at 1104 Elmwood Ave.
Mr. Goodbar is at 1110 Elmwood Ave

Places to stay:
http://www.elmwoodvillageinn.com/ (walking distance)
Best Western on Delaware Ave (longer walking distance)
Holiday Inn on Delaware Ave (longer walking distance)
Doubletree/Hilton on High Street (longer walk, they used to offer a free shuttle anywhere in the city - unsure if they still do)
Adams Mark (You'll be cabbing it.)

Cheers,
rudy

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Car and hotel booked!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

no website or beer list?

:(

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

atomeyes wrote:no website or beer list?

:(
They haven't done this in years past - I kind of doubt it'll happen this year. I'll make an effort to post what they should be pouring but a lot of the casks aren't determined until a few days before the event.

-rudy

Sil

Post by Sil »

We're planning on making it down for Saturday (the 3rd) assuming the weather cooperates :)

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

has anyone heard any news on what beers or brewers will be there?

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

phat matt wrote:has anyone heard any news on what beers or brewers will be there?
Beers are still very much TBD. The beers below are extremely tentative but Bobby, the manager at Goodbar, mentioned that among others (~12 total for Goodbar) he was hoping to have:

- Bear Republic Red Rocket
- Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale
- a few from Voodoo in Pennsylvania
- a few one offs from Flying Bison

I'm going to see Mike from Coles tomorrow. I'll see if he's nailed down his selection. I'll update this thread if he has.

Cheers,
rudy

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

.Nice looking forward to it. either way i will be attending for a few pints so please let me know if you hear of anything else.

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Coles posted their lineup:
Oscar Blue G'Night
Oscar Blues Dales Pale
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Lagunitas Censored
Ridgeway Pickled Santa
Etienne Dupont Cidre Bouché Brut Zymatore
Waiting on Ithaca's Casks
they might have one or two others as well.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

very nice. thanks for the post. look forward to trying some of these on saturday. should be a blast.

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

And Goodbar's list:
Friday cask line up. Bear republic XP pale ale, flying bison brown ale, voodoo pilzilla, flying bison scotch ale, ithaca cascazilla, flying dog snake dog ipa, voodoo big black voodoo daddy oak aged imperial stout, docs pear cider. Casks to be tapped throughout the weekend. Laguntas pale ale, voodoo 4 seasons ipa, bear republic red rocket, Oscar blues old chub.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

lookin' good. should be a nice fest!

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Any idea what time festivities get under way tonight? I'm thinking about punching the clock and heading down shortly..
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I'll be going on Saturday. I'll be riding the Dog ( Greyhound). Coming back that night because I want to go to the Victory Cask fest. Two days of drinking cask ale. The only way it could be better is if I was in England.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

WEnt to the fest for a little today with a friend. Had some really great beers on cask. Was very suprised when walked into coles and saw that the list had some great lakes ontario brews on cask. We had a good laugh at the irony of going to the states for some great lakes but we still had some. their harry porter and bourbon soaked vanilla bean. It was nice, but after awhile the taste and smell started to remind me of a air freshener in a car. Other than that I had a cider dupont that was really nice. As well as oscar blues g'knight, dales pale ale, big black voodoo daddy, among many others. good times for sure. Also cant complain that at mr goodbar they were selling half pints for $3. My friend even order a pint they poured him the wrong one, so they gave us the mistake for free. It was bear republic xtra pale ale. Best free beer ever.