Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Beer Week Homebrew Contest

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ctalbot

Post by ctalbot »

I helped Troy out around the judging table for the finals, and based on a few samples and the deliberation between the judges, it looked like there were a lot of great beers in the finals. It must have been a tough decision.

Congratulations to the winners.

And shameless plug... If anyone wants to enter beers into another competition, CABA just announced the All About Ales Competition (yes, we're a bit late, but the rules are now up on the site).

Chris

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Okay guys... expact feedback and prizes to go out over the next few days!

zachariaIPA

Post by zachariaIPA »

Hey Bobsy! Any word on the entry feedback?

And how goes planning for 2012? Looking forward to it! :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i still havnt recieved feedback or my prize

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

matt7215 wrote:i still havnt recieved feedback or my prize
ditto.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

My wife told me a prize came in the mail, thanks Rob, and Bob Latimer too for the hops!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

phirleh wrote:
My wife told me a prize came in the mail, thanks Rob, and Bob Latimer too for the hops!
my prize came yesterday as well

thanks Rob!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

bufordsbest wrote:
ditto.
Yeah - I suck at typing up feedback. We did the majority of it on paper, so it needs putting in a speadsheet. Also the ones we had on the computer already were written in short form, so needed lengthening. One of the big things that needs to change next year. It's way too time-intensive for a contest that costs us money to put on. About 60% of folks should already have their feedback, and I'm hoping to clear the rest out by the weekend, so thanks for your patience.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bobsy wrote:
bufordsbest wrote:
ditto.
Yeah - I suck at typing up feedback. We did the majority of it on paper, so it needs putting in a speadsheet. Also the ones we had on the computer already were written in short form, so needed lengthening. One of the big things that needs to change next year. It's way too time-intensive for a contest that costs us money to put on. About 60% of folks should already have their feedback, and I'm hoping to clear the rest out by the weekend, so thanks for your patience.
no worries Rob, I know it must be quite time consuming

let me know if you need help next year, id happily share the workload with you

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Even if the judges aren't certified, you should consider using (or modifying) the BJCP forms. Then you'd just need the judges to fill them out and you could send them off directly (or photocopy to PDF and then email).

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BeerScoreSheet.pdf

The form may look a little overwhelming, but the comments aren't always extensive. Most homebrewers probably aren't concerned about every little flavour & aroma the judges detect, they just want some constructive feedback (or an awesome prize!). :wink:

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

i still haven't received my prize. were they all mailed out?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

bufordsbest wrote:i still haven't received my prize. were they all mailed out?
Wife mailed the last few on Thursday - we were waiting for a sponsor to get us their prizes. You were one of the last four recipients.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

Bobsy wrote:
bufordsbest wrote:i still haven't received my prize. were they all mailed out?
Wife mailed the last few on Thursday - we were waiting for a sponsor to get us their prizes. You were one of the last four recipients.
awesome thanks.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Amsterdam Brewing Co. wrote: Toronto Beer Week Homebrew Competition Winning Beer - The Nightman Cometh Black IPA - now available in our retail store!
On edit...
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7437

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Any ETA on the remaining feedback? Looking forward to receiving feedback on our entries, as it was the first competition we entered. (is under Devils Creek brewing, and Walter Feddern)