Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Premier Gourmet Moving In the Spring

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Premier Gourmet Moving In the Spring

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Looks like our go-to place south of the border will be relocating in the spring. The new location appears to be a little less convenient to get to from the border but isn't too far off the beaten path.

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article635361.ece

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

There's a pretty good Consumers just south of there on 3025 Sheridan.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Wonder if there will be a clear out sale...
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

New location will be fairly easy to get to - close to UB. About 5 mintues or so away from the Consumers on Sheridan.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:The new location appears to be a little less convenient to get to from the border but isn't too far off the beaten path.
It's just a few kms farther away or about an eight min drive. I go by Sheridan Consumers anyway and there's a very good Wegmans in Amherst not too far north, to compare what everyone's got.

It's sad there's to be one less thriving business on this dull strip along northern Delaware - slowly dying while the MegaMalls attract all the activity and money.

But it also shows PG are aware of their business potential and want to stay aligned with their best competition (good for pricing, service and selection.)
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

There is also a bar there at 4224 Maple, part of a complex, that received a good write up in the Buffalo News a few weeks ago called The Library. If I remember there was also another bar called that back in my old Mac days, I think it was in another locale though.

Easy to get to, 290 then 62 south then a left on Maple. But if its busy.....maybe the back way, Ridge Lea and N. Bailey?

Here is their beer list altho the News article had differnent ones:

http://www.thelibrarybuffalo.com/beer.htm

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Ukie wrote:There is also a bar there at 4224 Maple, part of a complex, that received a good write up in the Buffalo News a few weeks ago called The Library. If I remember there was also another bar called that back in my old Mac days, I think it was in another locale though.

Easy to get to, 290 then 62 south then a left on Maple. But if its busy.....maybe the back way, Ridge Lea and N. Bailey?

Here is their beer list altho the News article had differnent ones:

http://www.thelibrarybuffalo.com/beer.htm
Its also in the neighborhood of the Buffalo area MacGregor's:

http://www.macgregorsgrillandtaproom.ne ... store_id=6

haven't been there myself - I remember the Rochester ones being good but I haven't been to one of them in years.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

If I remember there was also another bar called that back in my old Mac days, I think it was in another locale though.
Wasn't that in Niagara Falls?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

midlife crisis wrote:
If I remember there was also another bar called that back in my old Mac days, I think it was in another locale though.
Wasn't that in Niagara Falls?
I think you are right. For some reason I confused it with The Press Box in Buffalo.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Don't forget the original Duff's Famous Wings at 3651 Sheridan Dr...
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.