Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What HOMEBREW are you drinking right now?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

A sickly sweet abomination. My homebrewing failures continue unabated.

Just opened the batch that's currently in the fermenter and dropped in 1 oz of Amarillo hops. First time I've dry hopped, so we'll see what happens.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

drinking a pint of peat smoked stout i bottled a month or so ago. tasting very nice. not too much smoked a nice malt back bone. Very balanced beer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

just finishing a bomber of berliner weisse, i need to brew another soon

also, earlier i had a bomber of J343MY's Bourbon Vanilla Porter, its rocked pretty hard

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Robust Smoked Porter

Finished a little high, but delish.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

drinking an ipa right now. 7.5% abv and 70IBUS. Challeneger for bitter up to 30 min than roatating columbus and amarillo. dry hopped with 2 oz amarillo. 2 bombers and i am feeling fine on this cold winters day.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

just bottled my big IPA and racked a saison to secondary

both tasted awesome

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Had some of my hard cider tonight. Mmmmm!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Warm Marzen wort and Bruichladdich 10 mixed ~50/50.

Makes a nice hot toddy on a brew day!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Opened my first bottle of the Chinook/Centennial/Amarillo pale ale I made on Boxing Day, and it's very drinkable. A huge step up from my first two efforts. Still not hoppy enough, but still tasty.

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

A bitter I made in late Dec. I got the recipe from Jamil's book - Brewing Classic Styles. I can taste the sour dough flavour, but it is too slight. Being a big fan of sour dough bread, I may up the % of Breiss Special Roast Malt. Other than that, I think it is a pretty good recipe. Yeast? S-04.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

american wheat with clementines. was doing a parti-gyle and should have taken the time to run the numbers on my bittering addition rather than guesstimating. overly-bittered, but still pretty tasty. the clementines hide until you get a bit numbed to the bitterness, then come through as a nice complimentary background note. definitely one i'd brew again.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Did a taste off tonight of 2 pretty damn good stouts to decide which to enter in a competition. One is 2.5 years old and still hoppy as balls. The other has an incredibly complex and smooth malt profile, the aroma has a hint of cherry. Very interesting, two very different, but very good stouts... not sure I decided on anything... oh well.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Bottled my first attempt at a cider tonight. Came in high (about 8%). but drinks low. Nice rounded character - only real flaw I find right now is that the alcohol is a little too prominent, but nothing a spell of maturation won't fix.

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

markaberrant wrote:Did a taste off tonight of 2 pretty damn good stouts to decide which to enter in a competition. One is 2.5 years old and still hoppy as balls. The other has an incredibly complex and smooth malt profile, the aroma has a hint of cherry. Very interesting, two very different, but very good stouts... not sure I decided on anything... oh well.
Try blending them.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

KwaiLo wrote:Try blending them.
Good idea, I do this all the time actually. One of the benefits of having lots of kegs!