Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2012 spring

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:
matt7215 wrote: esprit posted that neither are coming
Ugh.
Just order a case or two from him..
cause that exactly how much i want....... :roll:

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Speaking of Garrison, I just popped into the Summerhill LCBO and the entire Garrison feature was there, looked like a reasonable amount of stock. Picked up the pils, spruce, baltic porter and the black IPA. Good day.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

matt7215 wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote: Ugh.
cause that exactly how much i want....... :roll:
How many are you looking for? Do you have anything you'd be wiling to trade that is not available at the LC..?

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Not really the point.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

andrewrg wrote:Speaking of Garrison, I just popped into the Summerhill LCBO and the entire Garrison feature was there, looked like a reasonable amount of stock. Picked up the pils, spruce, baltic porter and the black IPA. Good day.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to head down there afterwork to pick up two of each and some more red racer! Cheers!

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Both St B and Chimay are available at the SAQ. I'd be willing to set up a trade if anybody is interested.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I've a few bottles of each of the St. Bernardus as well as the Grande Reserve. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Westmalle Triple and Brewdog Punk IPA are both in the system

anyone know if they are part of the spring realease?

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Don't know what's coming here other than whats mentioned, but looks like Noble Pils will now be made year-round, and Alpine Spring, as cratez mentioned earlier, is the new seasonal. I would much rather have the Pils here as a general list item than the Boston Lager.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 20085.html

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Kish84 wrote:Don't know what's coming here other than whats mentioned, but looks like Noble Pils will now be made year-round, and Alpine Spring, as cratez mentioned earlier, is the new seasonal. I would much rather have the Pils here as a general list item than the Boston Lager.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 20085.html
that would be quite the treat!

_sloth

Post by _sloth »

I always come here for this information...but do these seasonal releases generally get promoted as a press release? Available on LCBO.ca?

It would be nice to have one place to look and an official list to use to bring awareness to LCBO managers regarding all the products they aren't getting.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

TheBeeraholic wrote: Just order a case or two from him..
Gotta get him to reply to your email first.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

sprague11 wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote: Just order a case or two from him..
Gotta get him to reply to your email first.
You're right. I had a hard time at first of getting a hold of him and staying in contact. Try calling him. I've found better response time. The last two months a group of co-workers and I have grabbed over three grand worth of beer of Peter and his wife. We're picking up the rest of our order Saturday morning this last order took no time at all.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote: The last two months a group of co-workers and I have grabbed over three grand worth of beer of Peter and his wife.
Thank you for making me feel less guilty about my cellar. 8)

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote: The last two months a group of co-workers and I have grabbed over three grand worth of beer of Peter and his wife.
Thank you for making me feel less guilty about my cellar. 8)
Yeah.. Not feeling so bad either. :-)
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"