Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order Update

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

thanks Cass, looking forward to these!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Its been released!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Bobsy wrote:Its been released!
Just got the email myself. Looks like, cough, I'm, cough, going to be, cough, sick on Friday.

The pick up times need some work. Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm? It makes it a little tricky to get down there to pick up my cases during work hours (even for a government employee).

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

What needs to be done is the orders should march across the parking lot to the LCBO store so weekend and evening pickup is available. If the LCBO can do this for outside the GTA orders (and Vintages orders) then they can do that (at a minimum) for Toronto orders.

I'm going to have to skip out of work for up to an hour to pick up my order. Fortunately my micromanaging twit of a boss isn't in.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I sent an email off to the CSR rep who emailed out the orders asking for contact information about the pickup policy...
lister

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hey everyone,

It looks like it's out - I received my order sheet directly from the LCBO and I guess you all did too (they didn't tell me they would do that).

I hope everything's ok with the beer. I'll try to swing by tomorrow and get mine.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

I guess those of us outside the GTA will have to wait another week or so, right?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I haven't received mine yet either... presumably the paperwork is a slow process. (I'm not slagging them. I hate paperwork as much as anyone).

TJ

Post by TJ »

I got the email about five minutes ago. Now comes the PITA part of trying to take time off work to get down there and get it...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

We got ours, but I really hope they don't expect folks to travel from London to come pick it up.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TJ

Post by TJ »

Does anyone know roughly how long a store delivery would take to Whitby?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

TJ wrote:Does anyone know roughly how long a store delivery would take to Whitby?
If they will do it, should be two or three days.

TJ

Post by TJ »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
TJ wrote:Does anyone know roughly how long a store delivery would take to Whitby?
Oh, that'd be so much easier. Thanks! :)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

TJ wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Oh, that'd be so much easier. Thanks! :)
Yeah, I just called to confirm, and they will ship it to your closest store.

Cheers

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

There's a number on the release invoice to call and arrange store delivery. This might only apply for people outside of the GTA.