Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nick Pashley "Cheers!" book events - Nov 24+29

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Beermat wrote:Belated thanks to everyone who turned up at either of these events, and thanks too to Ron Keefe at Granite and Ralph and Tomas at Volo for all their labours. I had a very good time at both and drank probably more very good beer than I should have. I'm just counting the days until Wrath of Ken turns up in our finest pubs.
Nick
hehe, hope it didn't take you this long due to the amount of brew you consumed!

i really need to finish your first book, now that i've got the second one in the queue...

bartle

Post by bartle »

Beermat wrote:Belated thanks to everyone who turned up at either of these events, and thanks too to Ron Keefe at Granite and Ralph and Tomas at Volo for all their labours. I had a very good time at both and drank probably more very good beer than I should have. I'm just counting the days until Wrath of Ken turns up in our finest pubs.
Nick
an all around ouch for the wrath of Ken and his beautiful beers that go down smooth but hurt... a little. just a little... but only in the morning... two days later.

Nick... the books is fantastic... from start to finish. Seeing a name like Onion which brings me back to my college/university drinking days is quite the pleasure to know he's still there says the exact same things.

I'll be back over X-mas and report back with reports on the drinking scene. I will pre-predict that it will not have changed much as I know even the Yellowbelly beers are pretty standard. Kind of the generic Molson drinker who thinks he's a "beer geek" and drinks a stout for first time and thinks it's amazing.
I'll let you know within a few weeks.

C'mon NL, prove me wrong!

-b
enjoi

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

FYI for anyone interested, in an eclectic mix of Show Highlights, Nick was on CBC Radio's Q with Jian Ghomishi yesterday, also with Hulk Hogan (though not in the same segment i think, but i haven't got that far in the podcast so i could be wrong about that)

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/qpodcast_20091210_24331.mp3
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

AlanB

Post by AlanB »

Received Nick's book under the Christmas tree, and I have enjoyed reading it over several lazy afternoons. A highly amusing read and yet a call to arms ("buy local, buy craft") at the same.

Cheers!
Too many beers, too little time...