Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Bar Towel Bus Trip to the Blue Monk - Sat Nov 20

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

For anyone holding back on buying, this represents great value and should be an excellent day. Think of the alternative - taking a greyhound bus down and run the risk of sitting next to some social misfit.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for everyone who's booked so far. We're 1/3 of the way there to getting the trip triggered, which is great after just one day. Please pick up your ticket(s) if you're interested, it's going to be a great day.

I'll reiterate this again but Mike Shatzel is going to make sure we have some unique tap(s)/cask(s) for our visit. And special in the U.S. means special - something you likely will never see here. This won't be just some random drop-in!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Bobsy wrote:Think of the alternative - taking a greyhound bus down and run the risk of sitting next to some social misfit.
Well - I'm going to be on the bus, so that risk is still being run for someone... :wink:

Hope we hit the magic number for this, it'll be an excellent day!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Bobsy wrote:For anyone holding back on buying, this represents great value and should be an excellent day. Think of the alternative - taking a greyhound bus down and run the risk of sitting next to some social misfit.
I always go down with Rob on the bus so this ALWAYS happens to me :)

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I'm glad I suggested something! :D This is really happening!
Sweet! Finally I get to go to Cole's and NOT have to drive!

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

biegaman wrote:I'm glad I suggested something! :D This is really happening!
Sweet! Finally I get to go to Cole's and NOT have to drive!
Ingrate! I can think of at least two times this was not true ... granted, that's over five years, so it's still pretty rare. I am willing to put MY "I went to Cole's but had to drive" percentage up against yours, though - pretty sure I'm in the lead.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Cass wrote:I've had to increase the ticket price by $1.25 due to the costs not exactly working out as planned with the ticket site fee. Sorry to everyone, and congrats to Harry for getting the mistake discount! :-)
Never fear, Cass - I'm buying you a pint/goblet/chalice/skull of beer at the Monk!! Whee! I'm first for this AND Cask Days. If only that translated into something useful ...

Bullzie

Post by Bullzie »

Timmy wrote:Is there anyway to get a pick up in St. Cath/Niagara Falls? Or should I just try to meet you guys there to save headaches?

Great job on organizing this.
There would be at least 3 other people interested in the St. Catherines pick up idea if this was to go ahead.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Bullzie wrote:
Timmy wrote:Is there anyway to get a pick up in St. Cath/Niagara Falls? Or should I just try to meet you guys there to save headaches?

There would be at least 3 other people interested in the St. Catherines pick up idea if this was to go ahead.
Would there be a convenient pickup locale for the St Cath group? Can look into a midway pickup.

Bullzie

Post by Bullzie »

Cass wrote:
Bullzie wrote:

Would there be a convenient pickup locale for the St Cath group? Can look into a midway pickup.
I am thinking of the GO Transit bus stop at the Fairview Mall. It is easy to get to from the QEW.
Bus Stop

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Bullzie wrote:
Cass wrote:
Bullzie wrote: There would be at least 3 other people interested in the St. Catherines pick up idea if this was to go ahead.
I am thinking of the GO Transit bus stop at the Fairview Mall. It is easy to get to from the QEW.
Bus Stop
OK, all good on the stop at the GO in St Catharines!

Please email (cass@cecktor.com) or PM me to let me know who needs a pickup from the spot after you get your tickets.

Bullzie

Post by Bullzie »

Cass wrote:
Bullzie wrote:
Cass wrote: Would there be a convenient pickup locale for the St Cath group? Can look into a midway pickup.
Bus Stop
OK, all good on the stop at the GO in St Catharines!

Please email (cass@cecktor.com) or PM me to let me know who needs a pickup from the spot after you get your tickets.
email sent.
Thanks for organizing the trip and making a stop to pick us up.

Publican

Post by Publican »

Cass, I've tried to enter my payment info but I can't change the country on the Pay Pal page from United States to Canada. Can you help.

Thanks
Scott

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Publican wrote:Cass, I've tried to enter my payment info but I can't change the country on the Pay Pal page from United States to Canada. Can you help.

Thanks
Scott
I've gone into the page to pay and had no problem changing the country. Were you using a paypal account or just paying with a credit card? Do you have the latest version of your web browser?

Publican

Post by Publican »

I was just paying by credit Card