Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trip to Hamilton, St. Catherines, Waterloo, Cambridge

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

notdan

Post by notdan »

See PM. I'd love to drop by Kickoff for a pint on Sunday.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Looks like we'll be hitting the Kick Off on Sunday afternoon, which will be our first stop.

Superbowl Sunday...there's only 43 seats in there - come early!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

We've messaged everyone who's expressed interest so far. Looking forward to meeting all those involved. Cheers!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Why the hell was there not BT love when I lived in the Hammer for 4 years? Bastards.

Enjoy the Judge, Chesters and/or the Phoenix.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

boney wrote:Why the hell was there not BT love when I lived in the Hammer for 4 years?
It's cause I go all the way on the first date.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

What time at Kick offs?? I may be able to make it, but not sure.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Kish84 wrote:What time at Kick offs?? I may be able to make it, but not sure.

2-2:30 my friend. Hope to see you there.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Does anyone know the hours at the Kick off..... I have a bad feeling they might not open til closer to game time. I can't get an answer.
I sent a PM to SBG and cratez.

We'll be at a brunch till 2-3ish and then going to a party at 5-6 ish but if its open we'd squeeze in a pint...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I can't believe how many places aren't open on Sundays, or have limited hours. Quite disturbing. Well we will do what we can in any event.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ok new plan. We are not going to risk the Kick Off not being open, so we are simply not going. I don't think we expected so many places to be closed or open later in the day which has thrown several wrenches into out plans.

So, we are now headed for Grand River Brewing for 2-2:15. Look forward to seeing Bob, Rob, Matt, or whoever the heck is working.... :) And sampling and purchasing fine beer of course!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Ok new plan. We are not going to risk the Kick Off not being open, so we are simply not going. I don't think we expected so many places to be closed or open later in the day which has thrown several wrenches into out plans.

So, we are now headed for Grand River Brewing for 2-2:15. Look forward to seeing Bob, Rob, Matt, or whoever the heck is working.... :) And sampling and purchasing fine beer of course!
i wont be there but have fun!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Shitty to hear you guys won't make it up here. I might go to Kickoff later this afternoon to study and watch a bit of the superbowl.

Hope you have a good visit to Grand River!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Good thing you guys didn't try Kickoff at 2. I headed over at 5 and Troy was just opening up. Hope you had a good visit at Grand River!

pee ess, I asked Troy about Sundays and he said that he only plans on being open on future Sundays if there's some sort of notable sporting event, so probably pretty rarely until NHL playoffs start.

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

Good time at the Judge last night, had my first pint of Smashbomb (which more than lived up to the hype btw) and good company.. Enjoy the rest of the tour guys.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

electroluminescent wrote:Good time at the Judge last night, had my first pint of Smashbomb (which more than lived up to the hype btw) and good company.. Enjoy the rest of the tour guys.

Thanks Ryan, great hanging out with you as well. beers last night was fun

We'll be at Chesters tonight for 7-7:30 as well

Cheers