Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

odd that we got the breakfast stout next and not the others (other than the dirty bastard)
Kekumba wrote:Hm, I see a few Breakfast Stout in stock at Richmond/Kirkwood. Anyone see anything in Ottawa today?

heebes

Post by heebes »

Stroonze wrote:Breakfast stout is available at the big Aurora store.
no trouble grabbing a case, probably my favourite beer

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

What's with the Toronto supply of Breakfast Stout? Most stores seem to have everything but the FBS... and only a couple of stores seem to have gotten any to begin with. Any theories about when it might actually show up at most stores?

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

Kekumba wrote:Hm, I see a few Breakfast Stout in stock at Richmond/Kirkwood. Anyone see anything in Ottawa today?
Hunt Club still doesn't have any Founders at all.

They had a bunch of Bastard six packs at Barrhaven yesterday though.

Automatic

Post by Automatic »

groulxsome wrote:What's with the Toronto supply of Breakfast Stout? Most stores seem to have everything but the FBS... and only a couple of stores seem to have gotten any to begin with. Any theories about when it might actually show up at most stores?
Tons of Breakfast Stout put on the floor at Queen's Quay today.

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Ukie wrote:
JProulx wrote:Neither Manulife nor Jane and Dundas have received even a single bottle from this release, yet. That's... surprising and frustrating. Those two stores are pretty consistent with receiving the new releases.
Neither store was on the list but then neither was the store on York and Ridout in London but they received 3 of the release....go figure!

Don't feel bad, closest stores to me are Guelph, Oakville or London.

Really?! That's really surprising to me. Manulife and Jane/Dundas aren't as high on the list as Summerhill or Queen's Quay locations, but they're pretty standard recipients of the exciting beer releases.

Unfortunate. Guess I'll be making a trek if I want to feed my Founders need.

4ster

Post by 4ster »

Yay, the Breakfast stout seems to be sporadic at best... seems like they were testing the waters at few before perhaps the full release...? All I know is that the big places like King/Spadina were cleared out of everything... the shelves were all bare, and there were certainly no stockings hung with care....

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I was kind of surprised to see not a drop of Founders at either Carlton/Church or Manulife/Bay locations.

All good things... I'm mainly excited what the hot response to Founders beers could mean to the brewery's continue presence in Ontario. Kind of a game-changer with a brewer of this level, I would only imagine.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

TORONTO-CENTRAL 2 COOPER STREET
QUEENS QUAY & YONGE
416-864-6777 Dec 18, 2013 283

283 4-packs should keep people going for a while.

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

spinrsx wrote:283 4-packs should keep people going for a while.
Except that that very store has now twice sold out of 100 in a matter of hours, so sold 200+ already apparently. Please don't hoard guys, I've been to numerous stores and gotten everything except Breakfast Stout, but can't get to QQ today anyway!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

MaltyTasker wrote:
spinrsx wrote:283 4-packs (at Queen's Quay) should keep people going for a while.
Except that that very store has now twice sold out of 100 in a matter of hours, so sold 200+ already apparently. Please don't hoard guys...
'Hoard'? Bars seem to stock up big there, especially for high-demand inventory they can sell over a year or two. Sometimes the effect is temporary.
In Beerum Veritas

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Not that it really matters, but FBS is selling for the original listed price of $13.10, not the $15.20 price that was quoted. The LCBO website lists the price as $13.10, however, all in-store displays show the $15.20 price. Your receipt, fortunately, agrees with the $13.10 price. Weird!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:
MaltyTasker wrote:
spinrsx wrote:283 4-packs (at Queen's Quay) should keep people going for a while.
Except that that very store has now twice sold out of 100 in a matter of hours, so sold 200+ already apparently. Please don't hoard guys...
'Hoard'? Bars seem to stock up big there, especially for high-demand inventory they can sell over a year or two. Sometimes the effect is temporary.
such a stupid liquor distribution system. weird that Esprit posted that he's going to knock down the Roch 10 stock at Summerhill in order to distribute beer to bars.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I have yet to see any listed in Durham at all. And I gotta say, I still don't care much about this release. Perhaps I should, but Ontario has been pumping out good this this winter so far and there are other options that are incredibly solid and much more readily available. I'll worry about Founders on my next trip to Premiere Gourmet.... maybe. Probably the Breakfast Stout only.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Blasphomet wrote: I gotta say, I still don't care much about this release.
Yet you've posted in this thread seven times, inquired about the exact store locations for this release, and just last month said:
Blasphomet wrote: Now this is something to get excited about.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott