Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

bartle wrote:damn you and that saison!!!
haha, there's still plenty left! you just need to come up to the "great white north" to get some.

probably gonna bottle our barrel this weekend... that shit is gonna be legendary.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Railway City Cranberry Christmas Ale. Very good, they really are improving their lineup overall!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

bartle

Post by bartle »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Railway City Cranberry Christmas Ale. Very good, they really are improving their lineup overall!
good... because the blonde... was a blande... e-nuff said.
enjoi

notdan

Post by notdan »

Last of my Bièropholie Imperial Stout. I was hoping to try the new Brasseurs Illimités version but Jovi was sold out on the weekend. :(

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

notdan wrote:Last of my Bièropholie Imperial Stout. I was hoping to try the new Brasseurs Illimités version but Jovi was sold out on the weekend. :(
notdan, you have one of the best avatars in this joint. it'd only be cooler if it were earl (but then i suspect you'd need a new nick too). redmeat FTW!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

grub wrote:ommegang three philosophers
ommegang chocolate indulgence
likely that some homebrewed saison will follow
Hey man - what year were the PPPs? I have an 08 and an 09 on the go.

Drinking a BBBCS. Of course its awesome aged, but its way better fresh than I remember. As far as I'm concerned its up there with Aventinus as one of the best deals at the LCBO.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Bobsy wrote:Hey man - what year were the PPPs? I have an 08 and an 09 on the go.
assuming you mean three philosophers, it was a 2008. tasty.
Bobsy wrote:Drinking a BBBCS. Of course its awesome aged, but its way better fresh than I remember. As far as I'm concerned its up there with Aventinus as one of the best deals at the LCBO.
hehe i think you mean brooklyn black chocolate stout, and i agree. it's quite tasty with a couple years on it. i really gotta drink that vertical. not sure how good the bottles at the old end of the spectrum are, but the 7 year vertical should still be pretty neat.

notdan

Post by notdan »

grub wrote:
notdan wrote:Last of my Bièropholie Imperial Stout. I was hoping to try the new Brasseurs Illimités version but Jovi was sold out on the weekend. :(
notdan, you have one of the best avatars in this joint. it'd only be cooler if it were earl (but then i suspect you'd need a new nick too). redmeat FTW!
Agreed :)

BTW, this particular Bieropholie imperial stout was over-carbonated fo' reals. It was a lot better after sitting for about half an hour.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

im also drinking BBCS right now. i like the current fresh version but this stuff with some age is a much better imperial stout.

Rob I have to agree that Aventinus is the best value at the LCBO. that stuff ages wonderfully as well.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

bartle wrote:
grub wrote:ommegang three philosophers
ommegang chocolate indulgence
likely that some homebrewed saison will follow
damn you and that saison!!!
That f**ker! Him and Viggo hogging all the saison in the province, lucky bastids.
In Beerum Veritas

carguy

Post by carguy »

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Back to back Affligem and Westmalle Dubbel. The Westmalle gets an extra couple points in my books for a fuller body, bit more cocoa flavour too.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

notdan wrote:BTW, this particular Bieropholie imperial stout was over-carbonated fo' reals. It was a lot better after sitting for about half an hour.
That stuff can be a bottle-bomb, I can attest. I traded with a guy in Ottawa for various things earlier this year (Lubiere on RB if anyone knows him), and that one exploded (or got smashed) en route. He felt bad so he sent me another package a little while later, with the same result. They were both 07's, so you'd think after sitting in a cellar a couple of years they may have calmed down a little but nope. Canada post never really asked me why I kept getting soggy boxes smelling of molasses either :P.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Ommegang Abbey Ale
Ommegang Rare Vos (MMMMmmmmm.....)

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Belgian wrote:That f**ker! Him and Viggo hogging all the saison in the province, lucky bastids.
should i mention the keg of pumpkin saison that Viggo has on deck? :D

or this year's batch of imperial saison that i will be bottling soonish? :D

i doubt we've got all the saison in the province. it's not that hard of a style to brew. everyone should make some!

but yes, i do miss the days when dupont was in the lcbo. dirt cheap and tasty as hell.