Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fall 2005 LCBO new releases - available now.

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

I've always wanted to go to this place.

Recently I had a superb Guinness at the Bow & Arrow, I was surprised how good it was, it had a clear element of "old porter" in it. Either standards are improving/recovering or I had beer from an unusually good batch.

I've had less luck with Murphy's in Toronto but will keep trying.

Gary

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Just picked up this Dogfish head tonight.

I'll keep a couple to see if they mellow with time...

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The Dogfish Stout is finally hitting store shelves in Toronto. I went into the Queen & Brock location this afternoon hoping to find it, and it was literally being put on the shelf when I got there.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

In the spirit of motivating any stragglers:

I'm going to go buy some DFH! Aye, life is good.
In Beerum Veritas

TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Got my DFH Chicory Stout in Peterborough this weekend past. A dearth of Dead Guy out there, however.

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

I'm a fool to mention this, I know, but the Manulife LCBO seems to have lots of the Saison Dupont left at $1.95 a bottle. How can anyone complain about that? I don't think anyone in the store has a clue about this beer.

They also have the delicious Rogue Chocolate Stout (and the so-so Hefe-Weizen, but not the Dead Guy), but the DFH Chicory - which I came to love at BeerBistro - hasn't surfaced yet.