Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

How do you bring home the bacon (or beer)?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

bartle

Post by bartle »

Full time musician and part-time grocery store manager... while studying all aspects of beer and brewing.
enjoi

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Pollster. Soon to be grad student.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

ink-stained wretch. though some of the ink is actually beer.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Maintenance Co-ordinator, water and waste water divisions for a small municipality.

Desk bound key puncher. According to my wife I can't afford all this expesnsive beer.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

tuqueboy wrote:ink-stained wretch. though some of the ink is actually beer.
...and some of the ink is mustard.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Software development manager for a small startup. It's even less glamorous than it sounds :wink:

As for the bacon, I pick up the double-smoked bacon from the Polish deli and bring it home in a 94 Civic.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Unix Systems admin. Just made the move from a small place ( <10 employees) where I had been for about 15 years to the big bad corporate world.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

xocoatl wrote:Unix Systems admin. Just made the move from a small place ( <10 employees) where I had been for about 15 years to the big bad corporate world.
Good luck with that! Been there, done that. Big culture and work environment change.
lister

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I'm a computer engineer with a background in Unix, storage and drinking beer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'm also a raging lesbian on the side and do lesbonic things for monetary exchange.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:As for me? I work for people who make millions a year more than I do.
Hey, cool! We have the same job!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

velovampire wrote:
Belgian wrote:As for me? I work for people who make millions a year more than I do.
Hey, cool! We have the same job!

Add me!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I am a purchaser for a large heating / cooling company. Pretty dull stuff but at least the office is close to the Great Lakes / Cool / Black Oak triangle so I have access to fresh and delicious beer as I don't get downtown too often.

I also work for people who make lots more money than I do. I wonder why I never see Steelback, Belgian and Velovampire around the office!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ohhh I forgot to add.............

I bring home actual bacon about twice a week. Usually double or triple smoked from the local organic farmers. I also bring it home in back bacon style. Mmmmmmmmm delicious!

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

beancounter, building supplies
wish it was beer counter :)