Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dieu du Ciel Feature

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Of course we got none of this up here in the Great White North. I'm fortunate though in that my in-laws have a cabin in the Gatineaus that we visit a few times a year. I'm headed up there at Christmas time and will do my semi-annual stocking up on DDC and Les Trois Mousquetaires brews.

Corne Du Diable.. what a beer!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Lots of Aphrodite up here in Aurora. I'll soon fix that - i love this stuff!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Péché Mortel, bottled 07-09. This beer is the essence of Montréal and the Plateau/Mile End-area DDC brew pub. I'm flashing back with each small sip.

With two years of lurking in the cellar the 2009 Péché is showing no signs of fading... all coffee-chocolate liqueur, plus the big demerera fatness, and the big hops and roast and coffee bitterness now rounded out into a smooth, well-textured harmony.

I got into a lot of 'special' Stouts in the Summer of 2009 but this one still stands out. You'd be mental not to age some bottles and try it.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I have some from September 2009 sitting in the cellar right now - Think I'm gonna crack one open when I get home from work.