Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

RIP Hunahpu’s Day – Will Go In Distribution Next Year

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Dark Lord is good but way overhyped (IMHO). Maybe a variant would change my mind, but I was nowhere near being blown away when I finally got to trying it.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

sprague11 wrote:Dark Lord is good but way overhyped (IMHO). Maybe a variant would change my mind, but I was nowhere near being blown away when I finally got to trying it.
I wasn't blown away when I had it this past year either, but still a great RIS. hHving never been before I'm going for the experience. Looking forward most to the bottle shares and bringing home some nice bottles to use in trades.

Bull_Schott

Post by Bull_Schott »

I'll be going to DLD too, group B, first time. Pretty excited to go, less excited about how much $$ I'll blow in a day, but such is life!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Bull_Schott wrote:I'll be going to DLD too, group B, first time. Pretty excited to go, less excited about how much $$ I'll blow in a day, but such is life!
Yeah I'm not excited about that either, especially since its only a month apart from trip down to KBS this weekend as well.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

DLD, the beer, is just ok and not worth the trip.
DLD, the day, I hear is epic.

Got shut out on tickets so I'm not going. I would have otherwise.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

DLD is worth going to see the spectacle.

However, now that I've been I much prefer going to 3F any OTHER day of the year, where I can comfortably sit at the pub and enjoy their beers.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

DLD the day is much less the (exciting) spectacle it once was... it's changed a lot over the years, and I no longer consider it worth the trip. still, i have quite fond memories of the bunch of years we drove down, and still have several in the cellar. it's tasty, but not worth selling your first born or losing sleep over.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Right, I guess is *was* a spectacle. I went once and not again :)