Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO report to be released today...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

A wrote:
Cass wrote: Price? Cant beat the LCBO price, period.
We are talking about the same LCBO? You know, the one that does not offer wholesale pricing to licensees.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

borderline_alcoholic wrote:
Cass wrote: Price? Cant beat the LCBO price, period.
We are talking about the same LCBO? You know, the one that does not offer wholesale pricing to licensees.
Consumers won't get cheaper Saison Dupont or Chimay Bleu via private retail, I infer from Cass.

But BA, licensees should get a break, regardless - it's better for them and for us. I'm tired of the LCBO sitting high and mighty on this issue. Their unchangeability is pure obstinacy, and rigid inflexibility is their only hope to maintain a composure of absolute control.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I didn't make the comment about price, that was A. And I'm pretty sure he was referring to consumer pricing. After lots of trips to Buffalo you see how cheap imported beers are - at least the ones that we get.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Exactly. I've never thought that prices were too high in the LCBO. Compared to the US(never mind premier gourmet, even corner stores are expensive for good stuff) we have it pretty good in that respect.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cass wrote:I didn't make the comment about price, that was A.
Sorry - BA misquoted first though! (Just an HTML glitch.) :D It happens. :wink: I think we're all on the same page though.
In Beerum Veritas

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Is there an archive of the CBC broadcast?

I don't know why I keep paying attention to the subject -- it's pretty damn depressing.