Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

F-- My (Toronto) Life ... LOL.

You've been duly warned these TL'ers will now descend like ravening, VISA-card-wielding locusts on your most precious beer.

Although Founders could definitely use the sales and they are general list... the diamond in the goat's ass, so to speak (high demand, freshness, continued availbility.)
In Beerum Veritas

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Sorry :lol:

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

now THAT'S why it's located at Wilson and Dufferin, which is near Yorkdale....which is essentially where a crapload of people shop (including 100% of the population who read Toronto Life)....

;)

philmen

Post by philmen »

Black Oak 10 Bitter Years has finally made it to the LCBO after teasing us for a year. :D

$6.50 per 650mL - 337014

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

I think I need to go and save more bottles of the 3 Fonteinen from being drain poured by someone who has no idea what they're buying.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

mixedup wrote:I think I need to go and save more bottles of the 3 Fonteinen from being drain poured by someone who has no idea what they're buying.
And then send them to me :D

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

damnit... was hoping there would still be a stash around somewhere on friday. guess I'll have to wait and hope for the best. maybe i should have the inlaws hit the windsor location for a few...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

grub wrote:damnit... was hoping there would still be a stash around somewhere on friday. guess I'll have to wait and hope for the best. maybe i should have the inlaws hit the windsor location for a few...
Still 53 showing at Wilson/Dufferin. They definitely have a beer room second to none
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

icemachine wrote:Still 53 showing at Wilson/Dufferin. They definitely have a beer room second to none
yeah, hoping they don't all disappear before friday. I should have just stopped by on the weekend.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

was over at the rideau/K.E. lcbo just now. Their entire beer section is under renovation and the only beers they have available are keiths/corona/bud etc. All imports are in the back stock room.. which will make it even more tricky to get the 3 Fonteinen when it actually does come in

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Why the fuuuu...

All I can do is laugh now.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

it's always something with the lcbo. It's hard enough to get someone to check the back for a beer when their stock room is at the normal level, can't imagine getting an employee to track down the 3 Fonteinen with everything that is going on there.. I'd have to name one my kids after that person

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Can't think of a better time to do renovations.

It's summer, long weekend for St. Jean, Canada Day coming up. Vacations.

No one will want beer.

Meatheads....

jprime

Post by jprime »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:All 12 in Guelph are gone/on hold. 10 bottles (of 24) left on shelf in Uptown Waterloo as of when I left at 1pm (with a bottle for myself, of course!).

Thanks to Matt in Cambridge for the offer though!!! Great community we have here!
Your welcome

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

another update: the lcbo at rideau/K.E has the beer in stock according to their computer, but they 'wont be able to access it until early next week due to renovations'