Burdock Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Burdock Brewing

Post by BakaGaijin »

Anyone tried this Toronto brewery?!?

http://www.burdockto.com/brewery/

I wouldn't mind trying their Peach and Apricot Berliner.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.
Good to hear. So far, all I have seen from these guys is people checking in their beer in Untappd and the ratings don't seem all that great. If I am in the 'hood, I will stop by and give them a try.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Reviews are definitely polarizing. I loved the West Coast Pilsner, but everything else has been average at best. Big tip though, stay away from Bloor Lite, it's atrocious.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Napalm Frog wrote:Reviews are definitely polarizing. I loved the West Coast Pilsner, but everything else has been average at best. Big tip though, stay away from Bloor Lite, it's atrocious.
I actually didn't mind it. A hoppy lager, better than the name would suggest. Also not a lite beer.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

For those that don't want to head up to Burdock, the West Coast Pilsner is on at Bar Hop 2.
lister

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Seems like it's definitely worth checking out -> http://bensbeerblog.com/2015/10/03/toro ... real-deal/

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

lister wrote:For those that don't want to head up to Burdock, the West Coast Pilsner is on at Bar Hop 2.
Bar Hop 2 is open? Wow, didn't notice that. That's big news!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.
Good to hear. So far, all I have seen from these guys is people checking in their beer in Untappd and the ratings don't seem all that great. If I am in the 'hood, I will stop by and give them a try.
Yeah, give 'em a go. Beers range from good to quite good, and the food there is outstanding.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

liamt07 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Yeah, give 'em a go. Beers range from good to quite good, and the food there is outstanding.
Thanks Liam.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Kudos to Burdock for having an easy to use web-site that tracks the current beer inventory, down to the bottle.

More of this please local brewers!

nickw

Post by nickw »

Coronaeus wrote:Kudos to Burdock for having an easy to use web-site that tracks the current beer inventory, down to the bottle.

More of this please LCBO!
If Manitoba can do it...

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

The Fresh Hop Pale Ale is enjoyable.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

From Burdock's Instagram yesterday...

"Tonight we are releasing our new IPA! Like a tropical fruit bomb coming in at a hefty 7.7%. Packed with mosaic, cascade and simcoe hops. It's on tap tonight and in the bottle shop by Saturday!"

I don't they've made an IPA yet, but this one sounds like it has potential.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Coronaeus wrote:The Fresh Hop Pale Ale is enjoyable.
Agreed. However, nothing incredible either. I would just as well drink GLB Canuck then have to go out of my way to get this again.

Looking forward to trying other beers they put out though. I think this brewery has some nice potential.