Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Labatt buys Millstreet

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Lately seems that they're really trying to push 100th Meridian (along with Organic). Marketing for Tankhouse and others seem stagnant, from what I've seen.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Napalm Frog wrote:Lately seems that they're really trying to push 100th Meridian (along with Organic). Marketing for Tankhouse and others seem stagnant, from what I've seen.
That is true. 100th Meridian is not terrible (at least when viewed through the prism of the other choices on the bar being Keith's, Stella and Bud Light). Would be comparable to the Creemore - Rickard's upgrade at least.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Craig wrote:It tastes exactly like Steamwhistle, minus any trace of flavour.
Lol.

Rogers Center only has Organic & 100th, right? Tells me a lot right there.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Craig wrote:It tastes exactly like Steamwhistle, minus any trace of flavour.
Lol.

Rogers Center only has Organic & 100th, right? Tells me a lot right there.
I didn't really mean that as a slam, I don't think it's meant to be a flavourful beer.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Napalm Frog wrote:Lately seems that they're really trying to push 100th Meridian (along with Organic). Marketing for Tankhouse and others seem stagnant, from what I've seen.
They already have a theme song that would fit perfectly with marketing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFo0a8V-Ag
...well might be better if it was from the prairies, but catchy.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Stopped at my local L on the way home from work yesterday for some weekend provisions and there was a Mill St. rep sampling 100th Meridian and Cobblestone. Maybe these beers are in line to be pushed by the powers-that-be at Labatt/InBev.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Provost Drunk wrote:Stopped at my local L on the way home from work yesterday for some weekend provisions and there was a Mill St. rep sampling 100th Meridian and Cobblestone. Maybe these beers are in line to be pushed by the powers-that-be at Labatt/InBev.
Hope so. Would vastly improve the Stella-Keith's-Bud-Bud Light-Rolling Rock lineup (my god, what is the purpose of having Bud Light and Rolling Rock?) Just came from a place with those very taps. Thank goodness they had Cameron's in cans at least.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:There are a lot of things at play here. I've seen (and been jealous of) NB skids in certain LCBO stores, however they're distribution isn't close to the LB does. Take a look at the amount of store the Top 3 brands for each brewery are in.

Naughty Neighbour 269 stores, Headstock 268 stores, Cause & Effect 196 stores

Spark House 443 stores, Crosswind 395 stores, Rock Cut 327 stores

Even 10 Point, number 4 in store listings for LB, is in more stores than Headstock. Much of this has to do with distribution up north. We have a rep in the North Bay to Sault region and a part-timer in Thunder Bay. Plus there are people like me working the tiny towns along with the cities. Also, LB is in 4 other provinces so the numbers get a bump their too.

As I stated though, I think NB has potential to really move up this chart with the new brewery. I wouldn't be surprised to see LB & NB up to 6 & 7 by the end of next year, taking into account that Mill St will be off the list. And where will Collective Arts come in once they go national (as I've heard is the plan)?
Wellington's also got it's brewery expansion happening as we speak so it's going to be increasing output as well.