Goose Island Migration Week 2016 - Aug 8-12

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

the industry night on Wednesday night was really great.

believe it or not, but it looked underattended.

everything was on tap (and free). drank Juliette and BCBS from 7 until 11.
Juliette was drinking amazing. tried the othes and didn't love. Halia was the favourite of some of my friends, but i didn't dig it al that much.
Madame Rose is an ok beer but not a great flanders red.

BCBS was drinking really, really nicely.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

DeMarco wrote:I went and I was really disappointed I went. Should've showed up prior to 7, but I was basing my experience on how last year went down (aka BCBS was available the day after). I arrived at 7:30pm, waited in a 30 person line up only to find out all the sours and BCBS were tapped out minus madame rose when I had my turn at the bar (around 8pm). I guess BCBS was tapped out at 7:30pm.

Drank my beverage and left.
Yeah, it looked like some running club made it into their summer event, as the place was absolutely rammed with extra-sweaty bodies (it was an extremely hot day) right from the moment the doors opened. Even if you arrived at 7:00 p.m. or before, whatever you ordered on your first trip to the bar was all you were getting (except for the commonly available beers like Sofie, Matilda, Honkers and IPA). I was smart enough to order a BCBS right away, but too dumb to realize I should have ordered something else too at that time. Almost everything gone once I lined up and tried a second time - I believe Juliet and perhaps one other of the "special pours" still available, but BCBS, IIPA, Lolita and Madame Rose definitely out at or just before 8 p.m. Oh well. The BCBS was outstanding, and pretty good value too to get a decent pour of it (albeit foaming like mad) for five bucks, considering the retail price of a bottle.