Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Pint Pursuits, St. Thomas, Ont

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Pint Pursuits, St. Thomas, Ont

Post by GtownRandy »

I'm excited after reading about a new brewery in St. Thomas called Pint Pursuits. I posted that they have a new LCBO listing for Lord of Lupulin, a 5.4% pale ale being contract brewed at Railway City in St. Thomas. The website says coming to LCBO in late October.

I found a couple articles online, it's a one man operation by McMaster grad Matt Cummings, who is going from garage brewer to contract brewer, then to bricks later this year. It sounds like he is interested in differentiating himself from others with experimental styles, not the usual boring styles some new brewers start with.

Here's their website and a couple of articles:
http://www.pintpursuits.com
http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/201 ... brewing-co
http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca/article/bu ... d-pursuit/

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

heard about this guy in a mcmaster (my alma mater) article a year ago. can't wait to try lord of lupulin!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

hrm

vs

momnhops

Post by momnhops »

vs.

:lol:

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Still no stock showing yet, looking forward to trying

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

GtownRandy wrote:Still no stock showing yet, looking forward to trying
It's in now. Not sure where you are but I just got 2 cans from the Oakwood store in Niagara Falls.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

CoolB wrote:
It's in now. Not sure where you are but I just got 2 cans from the Oakwood store in Niagara Falls.
Still not showing stock on the website. Not sure how it can be in the system to sell, but not visible in inventory.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

maybe it came today and will show up tomorrow on the inventory. hope it's good!

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

GtownRandy wrote:maybe it came today and will show up tomorrow on the inventory. hope it's good!
I absolutely loved it and even begged my wife to let me have her can. She said no :(

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
CoolB wrote:
Still not showing stock on the website. Not sure how it can be in the system to sell, but not visible in inventory.
It almost always shows in stock the day after arrival. (just checked and stock is showing now)

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Just finished a pint of Lord and I liked it. The first few sips were a little blah, but I like how the hop presence builds with each sip. Now I wish I grabbed two cans. Nice brew!

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Unfortunately this beer has turned into a huge hit and miss for me. I love it but at least half the cans I have purchased have had mass amounts of particulate in them. I know it's unfiltered and uses a Vermont yeast that doesn't settle very well but that doesn't explain the inch of sediment I had in the bottom of the last glass I poured. And it's not all fine sediment. Some big floaters in there.