Double Trouble - Hops & Robbers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hoppy's Tavern

Double Trouble - Hops & Robbers

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Hi Everyone,

Hoppy's Tavern with a review of the Double Trouble Brewing - Hops & Robbers

Clean, crisp, light caramel color, there is some small carbonation with fast rising of bubbles.
Very unnoticeable lemon/lime aroma, maybe some yeast, that's all I'm getting not much more and very unnoticeable
Doughy, what I mean by that if you make or buy a pizza and the dough is not cooked properly and I mean this in a good way, it's like a sweet dough
It's silky, smooth, at the front of the tongue you feel a bit of carbonation, 1/2 way through the pallet carbonation increases, back of the pallet it all start dissipating, leaving a slight bitterness behind.
I think Double Trouble achieved what they were looking for on an IPA with a low ABV, I definitely would enjoy this beer paired with old cheddar and crackers
I'm going to give a 3.5 out of 5, the aroma was very mild and I kept wanting more, pair it with old cheddar and you get a sweetness in your mouth that extra need in the pallet that was missing

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

... 1/2 way through the pallet carbonation increases, back of the pallet it all start dissipating, leaving a slight bitterness behind.
I can never make it through more than 1/2 a pallet of beer! ;)

In Beerum Veritas

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Holy crap, I just picked up one of those today, probably will be test driving it over the weekend.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Belgian wrote:I can never make it through more than 1/2 a pallet of beer! ;)
:D :D