Sexism in beer labels in Ontario

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Re: Sexism ideology

Postby Belgian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Tapsucker wrote:Wow. We used to just get tribal and riled up about beer. I miss those days. :wink:

Well yeah, man tribalism will always be there. These are strange times for sure.

I support anyone's right to get riled up about what they are passionate about, and anyone else's right to counter with their own view, and why not. The only thing that's gross is attempts at silencing views...
In Beerum Veritas
nickw

Re: Sexism in beer labels in Ontario

Postby nickw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone who thought the Naughty Neighbour or Immodest labels were sexist is the softest millennial do-gooder there is. Nickel Brook wimped out big time on that one and the new cans are try-hard and look horrendous as fuck. I haven't seen or heard any women complain. Just dudes that are trying so hard on behalf of the women who didn't ask for their help or opinions of what is or isn't sexist. Typical 2019.

The whole thing actually turned my off of Nickel Brook quite a bit. Folding to pressure of the few in the name of political correctness, and I don't plan on buying any of their beer any time soon. A real shame.

Not too hard to find women who appreciated the label change. A couple of weeks ago, for example, Robin Leblanc (@thethirstywench) tweeted that she appreciated the can change. A bunch of the responses to that tweet were women who agreed with her and were happy to have seen the change.

Softies.
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Who?
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Just sawy some ultra fresh Nickel Brook at an LCBO in Brampton. Naughty Neighbour and Head Stock canned in June. To die for.
portwood

Postby portwood » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Blasphomet wrote:Who?

ok boomer
@markhamwhisky
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

portwood wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:Who?

ok boomer