The Granite

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

The Granite

Postby JeffPorter » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
Coronaeus

Re: The Granite

Postby Coronaeus » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:01 pm

JeffPorter wrote:Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.

Thanks for this. It has been years for me too. I love The Granite but don’t go nearly often enough.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Re: The Granite

Postby JeffPorter » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:01 am

Coronaeus wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.

Thanks for this. It has been years for me too. I love The Granite but don’t go nearly often enough.

I think Mary Beth O Keefe is one of the best brewers in the city. And hugely underrated. She’s taken everything her Dad’s taught her and somehow improved on it. If you got to try her rye pale ale in the fall, that was proof enough. Even the standard lineup is stellar these days and she’s putting more in bottles and cans.

Worth the trip even if you have to navigate the insanity that is Eglinton.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Return to “Ontario Brewers”