Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Volo 2.0

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Volo on College is much better for non-Volo stuff. I have been going more often because that location has discounted pricing on all Ontario beer on Tuesday versus only Volo beers at their main location.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ya the Tuesday deal is pretty solid at Volo on College.
Perhaps I've just been unlucky a bit and stopped by or looked them up when there were only 3-4 non Volo brand options.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Looks like Volo got their patio for the year.

https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agend ... 24.MM16.32

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I suppose this year the city of Toronto workers didn't want to make the news.

Hopefully the Zwanze information comes out soon.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

anthony9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm I suppose this year the city of Toronto workers didn't want to make the news.

Hopefully the Zwanze information comes out soon.
In addition, I am waiting to see if/when Peche Day happens this year.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

anthony9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm Hopefully the Zwanze information comes out soon.
They're on the list. I highly expect it will be like previous years which is a no-ticket drop in.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Cass wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:14 pm
anthony9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm Hopefully the Zwanze information comes out soon.
They're on the list. I highly expect it will be like previous years which is a no-ticket drop in.
That's good. I've looked at a few others around the world and they have some pretty steep tickets.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I give a lot of credit to Volo for breaking the mold on tickets for the releases. I think they came to the conclusion (which is something I've felt about local drinkers) that there isn't a huge market for advance ticket sales for this kind of thing. They probably do better and it's overall less of a headache to manage when the doors are just open and the real hardcore can go early if they want.

I've been to Zwanze's in recent years and just wander in at night and it feels like a regular night and mostly everything (if not everything) is still available.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Cass wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:28 pm I give a lot of credit to Volo for breaking the mold on tickets for the releases. I think they came to the conclusion (which is something I've felt about local drinkers) that there isn't a huge market for advance ticket sales for this kind of thing. They probably do better and it's overall less of a headache to manage when the doors are just open and the real hardcore can go early if they want.

I've been to Zwanze's in recent years and just wander in at night and it feels like a regular night and mostly everything (if not everything) is still available.
I just watched Bottle Conditioned, and I think this is what the Cantillons (or maybe just Jean-Paul) would prefer. Something nice and relaxing, but not a hypefest. Though by making it every other year, hype may build.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

finally got out to Volo on Friday, I hadn't been since the 'new' location opened. man they really pack people in there, you're basically shoulder to shoulder with everyone around you at all times. pretty cool spot though, and great food and drinks. hadn't had cask beer for a looong time, it was nice to have several options.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I always recommend people their College location, if they can make it out to the less convenient location.

The Tuesday special is only Volo stuff now, but they have Cantillon's Vigneronne on tap.