Willibald

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Willibald

Postby S. St. Jeb » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:41 pm

https://drinkwillibald.com/

https://www.canadianbeernews.com/2019/1 ... s-brewery/

BakaGaijin wrote:
duckdown wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Willibald in Ayr(basically beside Cambridge) are doing some killer IPA’s. Wave maker is also pretty solid overall. And I’m a big fan of Northworks ipas as well, but they seem to fly under the radar.

Dude!! I literally JUST discovered (and placed an order) at Willibald yesterday.. How did I not know about these guys? They sound like our version of a Badlands or Auval. I had to send it to a buddies house for delivery though since they dont include Elmira

Only thing is, apparently my buddy is somewhat familiar with the place and says they were sort of beer Amateurs in the beginning. He thinks it’s the owners son and probably is either a collab with someone or there is some new staff in place or something

Either way, the pics I’ve seen looked amazing. I should hopefully have it today

Please let me know of any and all IPAs in this area!! Much appreciated man cheers

I think one of the guys that works there now used to work at Monkish. Joe Freund is his name. If you check his Instagram you can see he works there now and used to work at Monkish.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Re: Willibald

Postby S. St. Jeb » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:17 am

duckdown wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:I think one of the guys that works there now used to work at Monkish. Joe Freund is his name. If you check his Instagram you can see he works there now and used to work at Monkish.

Awesome! Well then I guess that explains it. I had 3 types of their beer and really liked all 3 — looking forward to seeing their new releases

Thanks for the info!
shintriad
Bar Fly

Postby shintriad » Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Anyone tried their gin? I hear it's great, just want some confirmation as it'll probably last me a few years (as gin generally does in my household).
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon May 25, 2020 8:22 pm

shintriad wrote:Anyone tried their gin? I hear it's great, just want some confirmation as it'll probably last me a few years (as gin generally does in my household).

I have tried one, about a year ago. I remeber it being quite oaky, which gave it some real unique characteristics. It was nice.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”