Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2023

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skaghevn

Cask Days 2023

Post by skaghevn »

In case anyone missed the announcement on social media a couple of days ago:
Cask Days Beer Festival returns for its 17th year! From Friday, October 13th to Sunday October 15th there will be 30+ different casks from 30+ different breweries across Ontario available to try on the patio of Bar Volo in downtown Toronto.

No advance tickets. Admission will be $15 (includes a glass) at the door for each session and food/drink token system will be in effect. The bar will not be open for its usual food/drink offerings as we'll be dedicated to bringing you as many unique cask ale offerings as possible.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'll be there!

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

While I enjoyed last years (same set up as this year it looks like) due to the chill atmosphere compared to pre-Covid Cask Days, I honestly can't see myself making the trek to Toronto for this ever again. If I lived relatively close however, I'd say it's worth stopping in for.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Did you go to Welly Cask Fest? It looks like a good time too.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

No I didn't as I was camping. I would have if I was around though, as I agree it looks pretty good.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:14 pm While I enjoyed last years (same set up as this year it looks like) due to the chill atmosphere compared to pre-Covid Cask Days, I honestly can't see myself making the trek to Toronto for this ever again. If I lived relatively close however, I'd say it's worth stopping in for.
At this point I don't even really give a shit about the beer, I just like seeing familiar beer faces again. To me that makes it worth it.