Cask Days 2023

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skaghevn

Cask Days 2023

Post by skaghevn »

In case anyone missed the announcement on social media a couple of days ago:
Cask Days Beer Festival returns for its 17th year! From Friday, October 13th to Sunday October 15th there will be 30+ different casks from 30+ different breweries across Ontario available to try on the patio of Bar Volo in downtown Toronto.

No advance tickets. Admission will be $15 (includes a glass) at the door for each session and food/drink token system will be in effect. The bar will not be open for its usual food/drink offerings as we'll be dedicated to bringing you as many unique cask ale offerings as possible.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'll be there!

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

While I enjoyed last years (same set up as this year it looks like) due to the chill atmosphere compared to pre-Covid Cask Days, I honestly can't see myself making the trek to Toronto for this ever again. If I lived relatively close however, I'd say it's worth stopping in for.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Did you go to Welly Cask Fest? It looks like a good time too.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

No I didn't as I was camping. I would have if I was around though, as I agree it looks pretty good.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:14 pm While I enjoyed last years (same set up as this year it looks like) due to the chill atmosphere compared to pre-Covid Cask Days, I honestly can't see myself making the trek to Toronto for this ever again. If I lived relatively close however, I'd say it's worth stopping in for.
At this point I don't even really give a shit about the beer, I just like seeing familiar beer faces again. To me that makes it worth it.