Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Revel Cider

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Revel Cider

Post by Craig »

I was surprised when I came looking that we don't have a thread for Revel yet. Revel are the best.

Sadly, it sounds like financially they're not doing great:

I'll admit I don't buy a ton from them, partly because I'm more of a beer than a cider guy and partly because the price point is more like wine than beer. But this stuff drinks more like wine than beer too, so I think that's fair. I put in an order at 10% off, excited to try some of this stuff. I'm going to make a point of getting out to the Guelph tap room at some point soon too.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Surprising news. They JUST finished construction on the new bar and everything too. I've been meaning to go check it out but I'm not in Guelph much any more.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I'll be putting in an order, too. Don't want another high-quality producer to exit.

Cannot say I've ever ordered directly from them, though.

Oh, shoot! BlogTO has an article up about Revel.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Well if BlogTO has the same effect on Revel as they have on cheap but good restaurants, and day hikes "near Toronto" then Revel is about to make big bucks!!! :)

Seriously though, I hope this publicity and attention does help them out.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

BlogTO is mostly clickbait garbage, but their highlighting (probably sponsored) of small towns that need the money seem to be a good thing. Taking a trip out to Guelph to a fancy ciderie seems like it fits with a chunk of their content.

Some of the hate they get seems to come from the "I hate pineapple on pizza" crowd.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I think I know who either owns or funds Blogto. Every other day there is a post like "Drake just trimmed his toenails", "Drake glanced at a cute puppy", "Drake bought a new scarf" or some other crap like that.

I do like like their call-outs on restaurant infractions though. It's kind of a demented pleasure disguised as public service announcement. :wink:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.