Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brussel's White

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

al

Brussel's White

Post by al »

Stopped in the Queens Quay LCBO and picked up 6 Brussels White. First time I've had it and I have to say I prefer it to Hoegarrden. Also got some Ninkeberry. Meet up with Bill a LCBO employee who went to the back to get me the beer and was carrying a print out of the Bartowel home page to have the info on the LCBO release. :) Thanks for your help Bill

Al

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Glad to hear you liked it Al...not to toot our own horn but I have always personally preferred this great wheat beer from Brouwerij Sint-Jozef to Hoegaarden...and at $1.75 compared to Hoegaarden's $2.03, it's a bargain as well!!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I don't really care for the Brussels white myself, but I have yet to find a Belgian Wit that really tickles my fancy. I will however be looking forward to the return of the German wheats that I loved so much last summer.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I don't really care for the Brussels white myself, but I have yet to find a Belgian Wit that really tickles my fancy. I will however be looking forward to the return of the German wheats that I loved so much last summer.

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

Sounds like it is wits you don't like, not brussel's white.

chico

Post by chico »

Why not la blanche de bruxelles, who has the same name as la blanche de bruxelles from la brasserie Lefebvre quite strange isn't it :o

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

JerCraigs, what is the point of your post...it contributes nothing...don't you have better things to do than go into threads and post on subjects which are of no interest to you...so you don't like wits...I don't like twits...in future, if you have nothing to say, say nothing as who gives a flying *#@^ if you don't like wits...if you have some criticism of Brussels White to offer in relation to the style, that's fine but your comment is simply stupid....am I getting too emotional about this...perhaps...I've had a bad day and have no patience for idiots at this psychological moment in time....didn't I say I was bowing out of this whole forum at one time...what a lying asshole I am.

Radek

Post by Radek »

No need for calling people Idiots even if you had bad day . such hostility is not wanted here , go and relax please .

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Actually, truth be told the best belgian wit I ever had was at the Fort York beer festival, as part of a nice gooseberry sauce on barbequed rabbit from La Pallette. ;)

Also, there was a recipe in Food and Drink a while back with a recipe for BBQ Ribs with the Brussels White in it that was kick ass.