Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Where is Gordon Biersch?

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

According to the website of MagiCorp Entertainment, the company who has the rights to operate Gordon Biersch in Canada, there are locations that are "opening soon" in Whitby and Oakville. Does anyone know where these are located?

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I don't recollect, but even if I heard the names they wouldn't mean anything to me. If anyone can confirm not only the address but the opening dates for these new brewpubs? It would very much be appreciated by us beer geeks.

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

This was in the latest Mississauga News:

MagiCorp Entertainment Inc. (MEI) has reached an agreement with an affiliate of PenEquity Management Corporation regarding the first six licensed restaurants it is planning to open in Ontario.

They will be launched by PenEquity under the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant and Café Tu Tu Tango brand names. Under separate license arrangements which cover existing or future locations owned by PenEquity, two Gordon Biersch restaurants are due to open later this year in Whitby and Oakville, with Café Tu Tu Tango's to open in Whitby, Oakville and Mississauga early next year.

MEI will separately develop a minimum of 35 restaurants across Canada. PenEquity is due to develop a total of 10 restaurants on five of its multi-use retail-entertainment sites in Ontario.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've heard that the first one is currently under construction in Whitby. I have an e-mail into the company to see if I can get some more details.

Publican

Post by Publican »

The Oakville Gordon Biersch opened this past Wednesday. The address is 2065 Winston Park Drive. Winston Park Dr is just west of Winston Churchill Blvd which is the border between Mississauga and Oakville