Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spring Release?

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I know the stouts just arrived, which is cool, and the Christmas stuff is still working its way through the system, but do we know what's coming up in the spring release(s)? I know the March one is Pale Ales and will have a little Brakspear, and the May one is the fruit beers again, but has the LCBO revealed the master lists yet?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'll see what I can find out. The LCBO should have their spring and summer releases finalized.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Lots of thanks go out to the LCBO for providing this information to the Bar Towel.

Here are the beers to be released in the LCBO's March release:

Marston's India Export 500 ml
Rogue Brutal Bitter 650 ml
St. Peter's Best Bitter 500 ml
Samuel Smith's India Pale Ale 550 ml
Brakspear Bitter 500 ml
Victory Hop Devil India Pale Ale 355 ml

Some good stuff here. Can't wait.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

One more thing - no other future releases are finalized yet. As soon as I hear I'll let everyone know.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Cool, thanks. Of course, the LCBO should be forthcoming about upcoming releases, being that they are in the business of SELLING beer!

And though I like the ten or twelve beer releases better, it's nice to see Brakspear coming to town, and ditto the HopDevil, which is precisely the kind of brew many of us have been waiting for.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I can tell you guys which of our products will be in the summer release in late June...they are Brussels White, Victory Whirlwind Witbier, Ayinger Brau-Weisse, Mort Subite Cassis and Mort Subite Gueuze.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Nice work with the Victory. Let's get them in every release! The Whirlwind is a really nice witbier. Nice to see two of my favourite Mort Subites in there as well.

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

Josh Oates wrote: "Of course, the LCBO should be forthcoming about upcoming releases, being that they are in the business of SELLING beer!"

I had a conversation with a pleasantly knowledgeable LCBO employee at the 2 Cooper Street store, and asked him why it is that I can't get a peep out of the LCBO as to what beers they're planning to bring in, whereas I get what I need to know from http://www.bartowel.com?

Why is it that a third-party - one to which I am extremely grateful - is doing the advertising that the LCBO should be doing in the first place?