Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Down to my last bottle of Boon Gueuze

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I started reading without paying attention to the dates and was thinking, I don't remember the LCBO bringing in 96/97 Boon. Then I realized that's a 22 year old post- I was 16 at the time, so that's why I don't remember. Wasn't into lambics yet lol.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I was looking to see if there was an agent for a lambic.

No, I didn't wait 22 years, but I do have some bottles marked that I am hoping to get to 20 years.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Too funny.
Not sure who the importer of Boon is. LCBO had the Kriek not long ago, so might be able to track down that way...?
Vitriol in Quebec brings in Boon.

Off-ish topic...had a 40 year old beer once (not a lambic). It was actually quite enjoyable. Hmm, probably posted about it on here back in the day...lol.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The oldest bottle in my cellar is 13 years old. I guess I should keep saving it, lol.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Roland and Russell is the one for Boon.

The last time Boon Geuze was at the LCBO was in a Christmas pack years ago.

Do not believe there has been an attempt to bring it back.

Also tangential, but hopefully something positive comes out of the $50 million LCBO thing. It's at the SAQ for $6.6.