Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Portland Beer House

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

mvanner wrote: Making matters worse is the fact that the Wheat Sheaf wait staff is getting lazy and surly.
Was there a time when they weren't?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

mvanner wrote:What's a boy to do to get a decent pint and a bit of grub for a small amount of the coin of the realm?
I forget what the prices were like, but the last time I was in the Paddock, they not only had a few good beers on tap, including Konig Ludwig Weisse, but also a reasonable selection of wine by the glass and some interesting cocktails. I've also heard that the food is pretty good.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Steve Beaumont wrote:
mvanner wrote:What's a boy to do to get a decent pint and a bit of grub for a small amount of the coin of the realm?
I forget what the prices were like, but the last time I was in the Paddock, they not only had a few good beers on tap, including Konig Ludwig Weisse, but also a reasonable selection of wine by the glass and some interesting cocktails. I've also heard that the food is pretty good.
Another option in the area with a decent beer selection and good, reasonably priced food is Epicure. Just be forewarned that the website I've got linked there is three years out of date, and they've since moved a few doors east on Queen and have changed their menu a bit, although it's still the same basic style of food with similar prices.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Sad to see the Portland close, but it was terribly awkward with that wall down the middle and old empty brewery space. Whoever takes that space needs to find a way to tear down the wall and get the place entirely licensed again like the Rotterdam was.