Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New NY state beer store found

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Al of Kingston

New NY state beer store found

Post by Al of Kingston »

For eastern Lake Ontarians mostly, but I am happy to have found a new supplier, C's Farm Market in Oswego. If I were to guess off the top of my head, I would say 125 different beers but some nice finds like Old Chub in a can from Colorado. So not at the scale of Finger Lake Beverages in Ithaca or the guys in Rochester and Buffalo but they are a growing concern being an expansion of a long standing fruit and veg wholesaler. Best of all they said they would order in anything they might be able to find with a little lead time. I can confrim they went to get a 2-4 of Syracuse Pale Ale for me with a smile. We hit Oswego as a day trip from Kingston a couple times a summer so its a good find for us.

Brewers noted: Dogfish Middles Ages, Brooklyn, Southern Tier, Victory, Unibroue Smuttynose, New Hampshire, Allagash, Rogue, Magic Hat, Chimay, Leifmans, Saranac, Sackets, Lake Placid, Wachusett, Stone, Flying Dog, Yeungling, Cooperstown, Ommegang, Blue Point, Long Trail, Young's, Liberty, Abita, Harpoon, Otter Creek, etc., plus regional mini-macros and macros.

If you get to Oswego, check out King Arthur's for the steak and the IPA.

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Good news! How would this one fare compared to Party Source (which went downhill over the last few years) or Galeville?

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

First, I have read in a recent Ale Street News or Great Lakes Brewing News that Party Source is reinventing itself so hold tight on that little dream. I had one great experience there and one not so great so I have some faith.

I would say the shop in Oswego is one small step behind them now but not far off. And if I think about it the only difference with Galeville is really the completeness of the brands available in each line. If Galeville has 7 Brooklyns, for instance, C's may have 4. But given their keen attitude to bring in special requests, you might find it is an easier way to get what you want. If they knew they had a customer base in south-eastern Ontario, they also sound like the type from their emails that would go a long way to help the customer get what they want.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

OMG!!

This is such a dream come true! Oswego being roughly 2h45 h from Ottawa, this store would be a great intermediate between here and Rochester.

And dont forget to stop by Greene's when going through Oswego. They have a few decent beers on tap brewed for them by Custom Brewcrafters.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

so maybe you'll pick up some stuff and we can trade, eh Ian?

I'll BeerMail my latest "cellar" list to you ....

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Indeed!

BTW, I dont know if you guys are aware, but SAQ's have recieved 750ml bottles of Dupont Moinette and Floreffe Triples.

The start of a renewal of their beer line or just gravy to have us forget the millions in stolen money? Im hoping for both!

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

iguenard wrote:BTW, I dont know if you guys are aware, but SAQ's have recieved 750ml bottles of Dupont Moinette and Floreffe Triples.
Coincidentally I just acquired a 750ml bottle of that Floreffe Tripel from someone in Québec City today. The Dupont Moinette - is that the saison, the Dupont Biologique? I have a bottle of the blonde in my fridge, and I'll be sharing a big bottle of the brune (hopefully) soon.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Ratebeer lists it as a abbey tripel... not sure of that myself though...

I found the beer tasted like a Saison Dupont, only higher alcoholic accents, with lemon acidity and a definite hops biterness, much stronger then other Dupont offerings...

I dont think its the biologique, yet the label looks nothing like the one on ratebeer...

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

iguenard wrote:I dont think its the biologique, yet the label looks nothing like the one on ratebeer...
They tend to have different labels for different markets, and some names change as well.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Al the beerblogger wrote:For eastern Lake Ontarians mostly, but I am happy to have found a new supplier, .... C's Farm Market in Oswego.....
If you get to Oswego, check out King Arthur's for the steak and the IPA.
Good tip and thanks, I'll have to make the trek to Oswego when I'm out that way and have time.
In Beerum Veritas

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

Just a note on C's in Oswego. They fowarded me the list of what they have on the shelf:

ABITA: Turbo Dog, Amber
ALLAGASH: Dubbel, White Beer, Grand Cru,
ANCHOR STEAM: Beer, Liberty Ale
BROOKLYN: IPA, Chocolate Stout, Brown Ale. Pilsner, Lager,
CHIMAY: Premiere, Cinq Cents, Grande Reserve
DOGFISH HEAD: Chicory Stout, 60 Min IPA, Indian Brown Ale, 90 Min Imperia IPA
FLYING DOG: Road Dog, In Heat Wheat,
HOEGARDEN:
ITHACA BEER CO.: Apricot Wheat, Nut Brown
LAGUINTA'S: Rich Copper Ale
LINDEMANS: Peche, Frambroise
MAGIC HAT: #9, Feast of Fools, Blind Faith, Fat Angel, Seasonale, Joe's Garage-NEW
MICKEY'S:
MIDDLE AGES: IPA, Grail Ale, Syracuse Pale Ale, Wizards Winter Ale, Beast Bitter, Druid Fluid, Tripel Crown
OSCAR BLUES: Old Chub, Dale's Pale Ale
OTTER CREEK: Stove Pipe Porter, Prima Pilsner, Hop Devil
ROGUE: Dead Guy Ale, Mocha Porter, Brutal Bitter
ST. PAULI GIRL:
SARANAC: Black Forest, Black & Tan, Lager, Trail Mix, Pale Ale
SIERRA NEVADA: Porter, Pale Ale
SMUTTY NOSE: Shoals Pale Ale, Old Brown Dog Ale, Portsmouth Lager, Smutty Nose IPA
SOUTHER TIER: Mix Pack, Porter Dark, Harvest, Old Man Winter, IPA, Extraordinary Ale
UNIBROUE: Blanche de Chamtly, Emphemere, Maudite, La Fin du Mond
VICTORY: Storm King, Prima Pilsner, Hop Devil, Old Horizontal
WACHUSETTS: Blueberry

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Too bad they dropped a few products like cans of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, and mini-kegs of Heiny.

I'm comparing it with what I saw in your pictures...

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

I don't know if they dropped them so much as they are not on the shelf right now. That was the nature of the list as I understand it.

C'sFarm

Post by C'sFarm »

I made a very quick list!! We DO have both the Youngs and the mini Heiny Kegs. If you ever have a question please email and we now have a list on our web site. Thanks- Maria :D

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Just a quick question,

If we have an american micro we want but you dont carry, can we let you know by email, you order it for us, and when the beer comes in we can come and pick it up?

Ian