Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2nd Annual Craft Beer Show & BBQ on June 14-16

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

June 14th to 16th, 2002 - starting daily at noon at the St. Lawrence Market, Front & Jarvis, Toronto. Free to the public.

The Craft Beer Show will include 12 of Ontario’s Craft Breweries. Sample tickets will be sold for $1 per sample.

More details at:

http://steamwhistle.ca/events/events-detail.php?id=526

Does anyone know who the 11 other micros will be?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It looks like yours truly will be a participant in this festival. I'm still working out the details, but I will probably be doing a 20minute talk on beer and spend the rest of the time spreading the good word of beer on the floor.

I'll provide more details as I finalize everything, but I hope everyone can make it to say hi!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-06-04 18:56 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Here are the micros that are attending:

Black Oak
Brick
Cameron's
Church Key
Cool Beer
Great Lakes
Magnotta
Steam Whistle
Niagara Falls
St. Andre
Wellington County
Scotch Irish

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-06-04 19:20 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

OK, here's the deal. C'est What is also participating in the fest, and will have a booth named "C'est... What Is Beer All About" which will be mainly a beer information centre.

They are also arranging a series of educational seminars, featuring local beer folks. Topics include Cooking With Beer, European Beer History, Making a Beer BBQ Sauce, What Makes Real Ale Real, and What Makes Craft Beer Different.

I am going to do one of the seminars, on the retail landscape/selection of beer in Ontario. It is probably the most talked-about subject in the forum, and probably will make for an interesting chat. If anyone has any opinions or thoughts on the subject that may be good for the seminar, please email me (cass@bartowel.com).

I am on at 5pm on Saturday the 15th. There is another seminar at 3:30 on cooking with beer, and one at 6:30 on the brewing process.

Hope to see everyone there - I will probably be hanging around C'est What's booth hobnobbing about beer for most of Saturday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cass on 2002-06-05 15:36 ]</font>