Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO SUMMER BEERS

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Anyone wanting a preview tasting of some of the LCBO summer beers can try them tonigh or this weekend at either Smokeless Joe's or the Esplanade Biermarkt. They should have Brussels White (only at Smokeless), Ayinger Ur-Weisse, St. Peter's Wheat, St. Peter's Lemon & Ginger (Only at Smokeless)& Mort Subite Gueuze. Also, in addition to Smokeless, Esplanade also now has a pretty good selection of Rogue with Brutal Bitter, Old Crustacean and Imperial Stout as well as Victory HopDevil.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Victory Whirlwind Witbier is now available at Smokeless Joe's, the Esplanade Biermarkt Mackie's Taigh Osda on the Danforth, La Palette on Augusta in Kensington Market and Le Select Bistro on Queen West.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

I decided to pop into the local LCBO (Dundas West & Jane) and found a shelf stacked with Mort Subite Gueuze. From what I could read on the label it looks like new stuff. I remember esprit talking about a June 26 date for the summer release, but this fella may have squeeked out early. It's been a week and or so since I was down at Queen's Quay...anything new on the shelves there yet?

Anyway, the gueuze is in the fridge and I'll get to it later on tonight.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It's funny you should mention the Jane/Dundas location. Out of curiousity I called the LCBO infoline today to see if any stores had the Victory Whirlwind (it's now listed on their website).

They told me that only one store had any - Jane and Dundas, and they had 5 cases in stock! I called the store, and they said that they did have it, and although it wasn't out on the shelf, I could get some if I wanted. I now have a case chilling in the fridge :smile:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I had some of the Whirlwind this week - great stuff. If only I could get out of work in time to enjoy any on the patio!