Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brick seeks buyer/partner?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Brick seeks buyer/partner?

Post by pootz »

http://www.therecord.com/home_page_fron ... 41017.html

Brick up for sale?
Local brewer says it's at 'an exciting and important crossroad' as it opens door for merger or acquisition
MATT WALCOFF
WATERLOO (May 15, 2007)

Having long resisted the wave of takeovers in the Canadian beer industry, Waterloo's Brick Brewing Co. Ltd. may now be up for sale.
Aventinus rules!

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Appears to be old news for some. From another articles posted on Bartowel (see "Canadian Beer Article" thread), the president of Moosehead is quoted in the article as saying:
"Then, just a few weeks ago we learned that Brick Brewing, the last major Canadian-owned brewer after Moosehead, is up for sale," Poirier said.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I knew they were always shopping themselves for an alignment that would increase share value but this is the first confirmation of a open for bids sale strategy by the directors.
Aventinus rules!

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

I started a similar topic the other day:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3092