Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak in Mississauga

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Post by Publican »

Went to the Rosewood Bistro(formally the Lion and Leprechaun) 1900 Dundas St. W last night and was pleasantly suprised to find Black Oak Nut Brown Ale on tap. While I didn't eat, I did have a look at the menu and the entrees range from $8-22, slightly more expensive than when this place was the Lion.

Along with Gordon Biersch Oakville (see my post in Random talk)I am glad
that quality beer is finally coming to this part of Mississauga/Oakville

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2002-09-30 21:24 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've always been surprised that an area with such a population totally lacks good beer bars. Nice to see that good beer is starting to appear in bars out there. Perhaps a true beer bar isn't too far off?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-10-01 17:07 ]</font>

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

If there were 10 bars as commmited to beer as the Winking Judge in Hamilton I could retire...

Maudite

Post by Maudite »

Black Oak kicks ass! Ken I'll collect my money on tuesday that was our agreement right, Unibroue saying a little something for Black Oak on Bartowel. Pale ale is my favourite. Thanks for brewing great beers. They are enjoyed frequently by Unibroue at the Rebel house and depending on how long a 6pack will last me. Cheers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maudite on 2003-01-12 23:15 ]</font>