Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2007 Black Oak Nutcracker

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Raptor2023

2007 Black Oak Nutcracker

Post by Raptor2023 »

Just tried this beer today after picking up a 6-pack at the brewery. It has classic aromas of chocolate and coffee, and in the mouth, is chewy, with hints of cocoa and cinnamon. Very nice porter indeed.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Kind of annoying to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to say goodbye to a favourite....just finishing off my last two bottles now and will miss this one until next year. This year's unfiltered version is truly the best yet and it really does help me get through the long, cold winter....Call it sad if you will, but this beer is one of the reasons I look forward to the holidays every year.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

velovampire wrote:Kind of annoying to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to say goodbye to a favourite....just finishing off my last two bottles now and will miss this one until next year. This year's unfiltered version is truly the best yet and it really does help me get through the long, cold winter....Call it sad if you will, but this beer is one of the reasons I look forward to the holidays every year.
Not sad at all. In fact I agree with you 100%. I love the holidays for all the luxurious foods and drinks that we feel like consuming. Spices in beer. 10% heavy hitters - to me this is an essential part of the holiday season. However, by March I'm dying for a good IPA in the sun.