Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A little bit bizarre.....

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Derek is just pointing out that Michael really wants to sell in 500mL bottles, and that the LCBO is heading toward supporting something like that. I don't think he was implying that Michael put that on the website based on what Rob Creighton reported about the bottle sizes.

Just the two items are a positive step toward seeing bottled Denison's Weissebier. Add to that that Black Oak is apparently moving, and things are indeed looking more promising!

Obviously, Derek can correct me if I've misinterpreted him.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Andicus wrote:Derek is just pointing out that Michael really wants to sell in 500mL bottles, and that the LCBO is heading toward supporting something like that. I don't think he was implying that Michael put that on the website based on what Rob Creighton reported about the bottle sizes.

Just the two items are a positive step toward seeing bottled Denison's Weissebier. Add to that that Black Oak is apparently moving, and things are indeed looking more promising!

Obviously, Derek can correct me if I've misinterpreted him.
That's exactly what I was thinking... perhaps the stars are finally aligning!

(I should have pointed out that the bottling conundrum was posted ages ago, though with the LCBO change of policy, I thought that was obvious).
Last edited by Derek on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

It has also been decided that all new wines considered for LCBO Vintages Releases will be assessed on the sole merit of their being in a Tetra pack or other novel, space-age container, preferably one very hard to fit in an ice bucket.
In Beerum Veritas

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Belgian wrote:It has also been decided that all new wines considered for LCBO Vintages Releases will be assessed on the sole merit of their being in a Tetra pack or other novel, space-age container, preferably one very hard to fit in an ice bucket.
Paraffin-sealed paper bags full of Aussie critter wine are the way of the future, sir, and I will not stand idly by while you disparage it!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Not at all - I've heard some West Ozzy wines actually exhibit some elegant dryness. The equivalent of finding an IPA in Ontario! ;)
In Beerum Veritas