Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

$1 Greyhound fares from Toronto to NY

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Illuminatus

$1 Greyhound fares from Toronto to NY

Post by Illuminatus »

Just in case anyone feels like making a beer run on the cheap, Greyhound is offering $1 fares for the Toronto-NY trip for May 29th through June 1st. :)

http://www.greyhound.com/home/en/DealsA ... /Neon.aspx

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

That's a crazy rate! I checked it out, and you can actually get there and back for $2. The obvious bummer is the travel time, but it would be worth it if you didn't have a big travel budget.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I would be all over that for a weekend in NYC (I was there the beginning of the month to see Yankees Stadium and Shea), but i am going to Mondial in Montreal (also a good choice mind you).

If you really wanted to go to NYC and didn't have a lot of money to get there, you could do worse than a Friday overnight there and sunday overnight back, two nights accomodation on the bus and your travel for $2.00!!! Not too shabby at all!!!
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I like that idea Duct Tape. And if fifteen people split a room for the Saturday in NY it's cheap. Who's in?
In Beerum Veritas

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Duct Tape wrote:If you really wanted to go to NYC and didn't have a lot of money to get there, you could do worse than a Friday overnight there and sunday overnight back, two nights accomodation on the bus and your travel for $2.00!!! Not too shabby at all!!!
That's what my friend and I are thinking of doing. Unfortunately, I'm not 21 until July, so I won't be able to drink while I'm there. (My friend is, though, so I strongly suspect my alcohol allotment will be in the form of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. :D)

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Illuminatus wrote:
Duct Tape wrote:If you really wanted to go to NYC and didn't have a lot of money to get there, you could do worse than a Friday overnight there and sunday overnight back, two nights accomodation on the bus and your travel for $2.00!!! Not too shabby at all!!!
That's what my friend and I are thinking of doing. Unfortunately, I'm not 21 until July, so I won't be able to drink while I'm there. (My friend is, though, so I strongly suspect my alcohol allotment will be in the form of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. :D)
Just make sure you don't go into the store or loiter too obviously outside when he's inside shopping, they Do ID down there, one of the guys i was down with is 30, but looks 19 and they constantly ID'd him in NYC!!!
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

That is pretty cool stuff. Didn't know Greyhound had such offers on sometimes. I'd be there if the yankees were at home....have to go down to a game, never been to what they're now calling 'old' Yankee stadium.

Another 'cheap' option to look at is megabus.com

Toronto - buffalo airport - NYC route. Either way, I've learned to sleep on buses so the overnight options are great!

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Duct Tape wrote:
Illuminatus wrote:
Just make sure you don't go into the store or loiter too obviously outside when he's inside shopping, they Do ID down there, one of the guys i was down with is 30, but looks 19 and they constantly ID'd him in NYC!!!
Nah, we have a system from when I was 18 and he was 19. :P (And I look older than I am, so I don't foresee it being a problem.) On the other hand, I worry about how well a case of beer will survive the 9 hour bus ride back to Toronto. Does anyone have experience with this?

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting ID'd until I'm about 65 years old. I don't look THAT young, but most people guess my age to be around 17, when I'm actually 20. Oddly enough though, the ONE time I ever bought a tobacco product, I didn't get asked for ID. Weird. I'm sure next year when I turn 21 I'll get ID'd like crazy anywhere I go in the US, like Premier Gourmet.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

For anyone who takes advantage of this deal might I suggest a lengthy visit to the Blind Tiger? They have an insane tap list;
http://blindtigeralehouse.com/page/o9a9 ... _List.html
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.