Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trois Pistoles

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Trois Pistoles

Post by Jon Walker »

I believe a fresh batch is now available in the GTA. The previously barren TP shelves at my local Beer Store (Spadina & Bloor) were fully stocked this afternoon. Enjoying one now, tastes like heaven. Stock up while you can.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:I believe a fresh batch is now available in the GTA. The previously barren TP shelves at my local Beer Store (Spadina & Bloor) were fully stocked this afternoon. Enjoying one now, tastes like heaven. Stock up while you can.

+1

The only London store that keeps this stuff on hand on a regular basis has fresh TP and LFDM and they are tasting great!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the LCBO doesn't stock this in the 750mL bottles? They've got the Fin du Monde, Maudite, and BdC, it would seem to be worthwhile to bring in the Trois Pistoles as well.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

At the C'est What beerfest they had bottled versions available of TP, Don de Dieu and Chambly Noire. Perhaps an indication of a greater bottled selection from Unibroue coming to Ontario?

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

In the Spring 2008 issue of TAPS magazine, the "burtch on beer" column is an interview with Leanne Rhee, LCBO Category Manager of Beer.

From page 70:
TAPS: Are there any plans of bringing more Canadian craft beers like Unibroue, Propeller or Phillips?

[Rhee:] Well, we certainly have plans for bringing in more Unibroue products. As most readers may be aware of, we recently stopped carrying Unibroue six packs in favour of their 750ml bottles. Next on the list is to get their [Unibroue's] seasonal products into the stores. Their Ephemere Apple beer will hit the shelves for the summer release and we expect big things from it. As for other Canadian Craft Breers -- we have also paid close attention to what has been happening across the country, and yes, we plan on looking at some for future releases.
So, let's cross our fingers and hope for big bottles of a vartiety of great Unibroue beers! :wink:
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass wrote:At the C'est What beerfest they had bottled versions available of TP, Don de Dieu and Chambly Noire. Perhaps an indication of a greater bottled selection from Unibroue coming to Ontario?
Unibroue is holding a trade and media event this Tuesday at one of the restaurants in the Distillery District where they will be pouring samples of Blanche De Chambly, Ephemere Pomme, Don De Dieu, Fin Du Monde, Chambly Noire, Trois Pistoles and Maudite, along with food pairings. They'll also be taking orders from licensees at the event, so they're obviously making a big push to get these into bars and restaurants. Not sure which ones will end up at the LCBO, though.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

GregClow wrote:
Cass wrote:At the C'est What beerfest they had bottled versions available of TP, Don de Dieu and Chambly Noire. Perhaps an indication of a greater bottled selection from Unibroue coming to Ontario?
Unibroue is holding a trade and media event this Tuesday at one of the restaurants in the Distillery District where they will be pouring samples of Blanche De Chambly, Ephemere Pomme, Don De Dieu, Fin Du Monde, Chambly Noire, Trois Pistoles and Maudite, along with food pairings. They'll also be taking orders from licensees at the event, so they're obviously making a big push to get these into bars and restaurants. Not sure which ones will end up at the LCBO, though.
FWIW, Ephemere was on tap at Volo last night.

-Josh

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Trois Pistoles is a real gem among gems. It has been making its way to various unlikely Torotno stores for some months now, and am glad to hear Jon the new batch is as great as ever. Wonder if it's just being made once in a while, almost like a seasonal??

I have some two & three-year-old stock to drink up and (as Belgian is much given to repeating, ad nauseum) you can avoid shortages by keeping a good stash of this great bottle-conditioned beer - it will hold a long time.
In Beerum Veritas

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Jonah Hex wrote:In the Spring 2008 issue of TAPS magazine, the "burtch on beer" column is an interview with Leanne Rhee, LCBO Category Manager of Beer.

From page 70:
TAPS: Are there any plans of bringing more Canadian craft beers like Unibroue, Propeller or Phillips?

[Rhee:] Well, we certainly have plans for bringing in more Unibroue products. As most readers may be aware of, we recently stopped carrying Unibroue six packs in favour of their 750ml bottles. Next on the list is to get their [Unibroue's] seasonal products into the stores. Their Ephemere Apple beer will hit the shelves for the summer release and we expect big things from it. As for other Canadian Craft Breers -- we have also paid close attention to what has been happening across the country, and yes, we plan on looking at some for future releases.
So, let's cross our fingers and hope for big bottles of a vartiety of great Unibroue beers! :wink:
I'd love to see them bring in the 1837.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Do you know if these were the 341ml bottles?

Or the 750ml?
Scott T.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Can't say I'm a fan of the "darker" Unibroue beers (Maudite and Trois Pistoles). I find their spicy house yeast clashes with the darker malts.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Jonah Hex wrote:

Or the 750ml?
I saw only 341mL bottles at C'est What.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

sstackho wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:

Or the 750ml?
I saw only 341mL bottles at C'est What.
Good news. I think maybe Sunday afternoon I'm going to head back down there for a leisurely lunch and Unibroue trilogy. :)
Scott T.