Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Last night @ Gambrinus Bistro with Cratez, Baird, Milos, Adil, Christian, Peter and the flying monkeys crew:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
BREW DOG TACTITCAL NUCLEAR PENGUIN
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE
When did they start brewing all of that stuff in Ontario Len?? :wink:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cannondale wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Last night @ Gambrinus Bistro with Cratez, Baird, Milos, Adil, Christian, Peter and the flying monkeys crew:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE
everything is now contracted out of Cool

Streets

Post by Streets »

Kel Varnsen wrote: How was the hamilton show? I was at Ottawa and it was amazing?
It was my first time seeing them live and it was a great show! They played for nearly three hours, with two encores that ended with Eddie smoking something donated by the crowd and finally finishing with Yellow Ledbetter. Our seats were off to the side so the sound could have been a bit better, but I wasn't complaining!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cannondale wrote:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE

Given the opportunities I had last night, I found it prudent to sample these rare beers.
I am still buying and drinking only Ontario beer (as I did on draught last night), and will continue to do so. You can't fault me for caving, given the circumstances. I remain committed to drinking Ontario beer steadily and essentially exclusively for another 5 months. But if an opportunity comes up, I may be persuaded depending on the beer.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
cannondale wrote:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE

Given the opportunities I had last night, I found it prudent to sample these rare beers.
I am still buying and drinking only Ontario beer (as I did on draught last night), and will continue to do so. You can't fault me for caving, given the circumstances. I remain committed to drinking Ontario beer steadily and essentially exclusively for another 5 months. But if an opportunity comes up, I may be persuaded depending on the beer.
I don't fault you in the least my friend. Sounds like a great time.

Last night I had ST Pumking and Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Wild.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
cannondale wrote:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE

So don't bring one of these to London?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

matt7215 wrote: everything is now contracted out of Cool
Haha...amazing!

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE
FLYING MONKEYS SUPER COLLIDER
Smashbomb
Neustadt Texas Tea (cask)

How was the penguin? I've wanted to try that one for a while, but to no avail....yet!
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Last night @ Gambrinus Bistro with Cratez, Baird, Milos, Adil, Christian, Peter and the Flying Monkeys crew:

Samuel Adams Utopias
Deus Brut des Flandres
Neustadt Texas Tea Stout (cask)
A wild night indeed. Also sampled the 2011 3Floyds Dark Lord RIS before Steelback came, as well as:

BrewDog Punk IPA (bottle)
Grand River Plowman's Ale (draught)
BrewDog Hardcore IPA (bottle)

Peter - your generosity is humbling and I had an absolute blast.
Leon - thanks again for the Pumpkin Ale!

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Kel Varnsen wrote: How was the hamilton show? I was at Ottawa and it was amazing?
Me too! And yeah, amazing!!

And to tie it into beer, traffic was so light on the way out that I stopped out at the Hazeldean lcbo and stocked up on most of the big fall releases that hadn't made it to any of my stores yet (although most of them popped up the next day).

Epic show.

Right now having a Propeller Hefe Weizen.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

8 different beers from the Barrel Bragging Rights at the Monk's Table earlier today.

#s 7, 3, and 10 were my favourites of the lot. Did anyone stay around long enough to see who won? I left early.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Older Viscosity.

Wow.

I'm not a style Nazi, but I wouldn't call this an Imperial Stout (even less so than Grand River's Russian Gun)... but this is ONE HELL OF AN OLD ALE!

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Derek wrote:Older Viscosity.

Wow.

I'm not a style Nazi, but I wouldn't call this an Imperial Stout (even less so than Grand River's Russian Gun)... but this is ONE HELL OF AN OLD ALE!
If only it wasn't $56 at Beer Bistro :(

Enjoying an 1845. Mmm. Can't wait for these to get substantially restocked so I can hoard them like a bastard without remorse.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: Last night @ Gambrinus Bistro with Cratez, Baird, Milos, Adil, Christian, Peter and the Flying Monkeys crew:

Samuel Adams Utopias
Deus Brut des Flandres
Neustadt Texas Tea Stout (cask)
A wild night indeed. Also sampled the 2011 3Floyds Dark Lord RIS before Steelback came, as well as:

BrewDog Punk IPA (bottle)
Grand River Plowman's Ale (draught)
BrewDog Hardcore IPA (bottle)

Peter - your generosity is humbling and I had an absolute blast.
Leon - thanks again for the Pumpkin Ale!
No worries. I got your back.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Cale wrote:
Derek wrote:Older Viscosity.

Wow.

If only it wasn't $56 at Beer Bistro :(

Enjoying an 1845. Mmm. Can't wait for these to get substantially restocked so I can hoard them like a bastard without remorse.
I picked it up at a grocery store (Whole Foods in San Francisco). I think it was around $12... and really worth it.