Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

A Maudite, then gonna hit a growler of Black Creek's Fresh Hop Pale Ale with a buddy of mine, picked one up straight from the brewery today. Filled today as well, stuff should be fresh.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homebrewed saison

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

liamt07 wrote:Black Creek's Fresh Hop Pale Ale with a buddy of mine, picked one up straight from the brewery today. Filled today as well, stuff should be fresh.
Let us know how it is - thinking of cycling up there tomorrow for a growler or two.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Laker Lager- because I am a student on a budget after all, and it is actually decent for what it is.

Laker Light- because I am also a student ticker on a budget (one of the only Brick things I haven't had)

Muskoka Harvest Ale- because it's f***ing awesome and I want to move to Bracebridge.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

velovampire wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Black Creek's Fresh Hop Pale Ale with a buddy of mine, picked one up straight from the brewery today. Filled today as well, stuff should be fresh.
Let us know how it is - thinking of cycling up there tomorrow for a growler or two.
Not worth the trip, I only made it 'cause I'm at York. Growler was presumably filled from the cask - hissed upon opening but poured dead flat. Really bready, doughy and sugary aroma, a bit of graham cracker/animal cracker (?) type thing going on that had me thinking of the Barley Days Harvest Gold. Very mild hopping in the aroma and flavour with a weird/interesting dank and bitter finish. Underwhelming with not enough hop flavour. Meh.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

liamt07 wrote:
velovampire wrote:
Not worth the trip, I only made it 'cause I'm at York. Growler was presumably filled from the cask - hissed upon opening but poured dead flat. Really bready, doughy and sugary aroma, a bit of graham cracker/animal cracker (?) type thing going on that had me thinking of the Barley Days Harvest Gold. Very mild hopping in the aroma and flavour with a weird/interesting dank and bitter finish. Underwhelming with not enough hop flavour. Meh.
:( Thanks for the heads up. I'm not enough of a ticker to have to make the trek there. Too bad, really, as I quite like the bottled BC products that have made it to the LC (and I'm anxiously awaiting the stout). If the weather's nice tomorrow, I might just head up that way regardless, just for something to do. We'll see...

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Mikkeller I Beat yoU. It punched me in the face, stole my lunch money and made me cry like a little girl.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JesseM wrote:
Muskoka Harvest Ale- because it's f***ing awesome and I want to move to Bracebridge.

A great beer. But you CANNOT be ok with the price gouge on that beer.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Had the Bacchus last night...very nice..really loving the Belgian sours lately...

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Some recent beers sampled on my Ottawa-Montreal trip:

Unibroue Ephemere Apple
Griffon Red and St Ambroise Framboise at the terrace
Belle Guelle
Beau's Lugtread
St Ambroise Apricot

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Last night @ the Casbah:

Free samples of Double Dead Elephant :)
Mill St Blueberry Wheat

@ the Brain:

Beau's Night Marzen

Streets

Post by Streets »

Had a Leffe Brune before the Pearl Jam show, couple cans of Canadian at the show, then a Boneshaker & Spearhead to cap off a great night of music!

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Streets wrote:Had a Leffe Brune before the Pearl Jam show, couple cans of Canadian at the show, then a Boneshaker & Spearhead to cap off a great night of music!
How was the hamilton show? I was at Ottawa and it was amazing?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Streets wrote:Had a Leffe Brune before the Pearl Jam show, couple cans of Canadian at the show, then a Boneshaker & Spearhead to cap off a great night of music!
The show was great last night!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Last night @ Gambrinus Bistro with Cratez, Baird, Milos, Adil, Christian, Peter and the flying monkeys crew:

SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
BREW DOG TACTITCAL NUCLEAR PENGUIN
DEUS BRUT DE CHAMPAGNE
FLYING MONKEYS SUPER COLLIDER
Smashbomb
Neustadt Texas Tea (cask)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!