Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

group in KW/Cambridge/Guelph area to split private orders

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Looks good to me, let me know how much $$ you need and how you want it sent to you (and when). Thanks for organizing.

Jeff

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Looks good to me. Let me know what the damage is. Thanks gain for putting this order together. I hope it’s the first of many. When the order comes in, we should all meet up at the Castle to split up the order and to save you from being “delivery boy”. I’ll be happy to do the next order. Any Oktoberfest beers we can order?

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

I just had a look at some reviews of the 2005 Pannepot Grand Reserva that is in now, and would be interested in some if there is enough interest to divide up a case (24). Works out to about $6.50 a bottle (330ml). I would be willing to take 4, maybe 6.

I believe sphilp showed interest. I would expect Kwailo to possibly be in for a bottle or two. Let me know if anyone else would be interested and how many bottles and will see if we can put something together.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Sure 4-6. It is an incredible beer.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I'm down this time for 2 or 3 bottles, most likely 2.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

xocoatl wrote:I have placed an order for 2 cases each of the Mikkeller BGB and Stateside IPA.

Here is how I plan to divide it. Let me know how it looks, and I will let everyone know when it arrives to arrange pickup.

Beer Geek [ 5 BGB 6 IPA ]
Illuminatus [ 2 BGB ]
kmallett [ 2 BGB 2 IPA ]
sphilp [ 2 BGB 2 IPA ]
tupalev [ 5 BGB 6 IPA ]
kwailo [ 4 BGB 4 IPA ]
wfeddern [ 4 BGB 4 IPA ]
Looks good to me. I'll be up for meeting at the Castle or wherever you guys are planning on meeting.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

I have the order for a case of the 2005 Pannepot Grand Reserva in, will figure out how to divide it shortly based on responses and let people know when it arrives.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

xocoatl wrote:I have the order for a case of the 2005 Pannepot Grand Reserva in, will figure out how to divide it shortly based on responses and let people know when it arrives.
Sorry boys I’m out on this order, I don’t have much interest in Belgian beer.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I have the order for a case of the 2005 Pannepot Grand Reserva in, will figure out how to divide it shortly based on responses and let people know when it arrives.
Great, glad you were able to secure a case.

Beer Geek - this one may just change your mind - I'll be happy to share a bottle with you...

Bosteels

Post by Bosteels »

Hello everyone,

We are the Agent for Bosteels, brewers of Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet and DeuS Brut Des Flandres.

We are now accepting private orders for arrival this fall.

Should any like to place an order please email us at:
info@wineguyimports.com

Cheers!
Bosteels Beers; DeuS, Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet.

We are the exclusive distributor for these.
Feel free to email us inquiries both on and of licence sales.

Cheers!

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

xocoatl wrote:I just had a look at some reviews of the 2005 Pannepot Grand Reserva that is in now, and would be interested in some if there is enough interest to divide up a case (24). Works out to about $6.50 a bottle (330ml). I would be willing to take 4, maybe 6.

I believe sphilp showed interest. I would expect Kwailo to possibly be in for a bottle or two. Let me know if anyone else would be interested and how many bottles and will see if we can put something together.
I'm not sure what (if any) are still available...but I'd take 4-6 if possible.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Hello everyone,

We are the Agent for Bosteels, brewers of Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet and DeuS Brut Des Flandres.

We are now accepting private orders for arrival this fall.

Should any like to place an order please email us at:
info@wineguyimports.com

Cheers!
Thanks for the info.

KW folks: I would be interested in a few bottles of each.

If there is enough interest to get at least a case of each, I can coordinate this one with this agent.

Jeff

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Hey Jeff, any idea what the cost of Deus would be? I've always wanted a few bottles for my (so called) cellar.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Hey Jeff, any idea what the cost of Deus would be? I've always wanted a few bottles for my (so called) cellar.
Not sure Jan, if we have some general interest, I'll get quotes (or perhaps the agent can post prices here if he/she is still reading).

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Cool...are you still living in TO?