Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

group in KW/Cambridge/Guelph area to split private orders

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Just had a Pannepot last night...have to say, I thought it was the best beer I've ever had. Tried it a year or two back and was underwhelmed (maybe different batch, not aged?) but this time I was just blown away. I sure hope R & R makes this available again, definately worth investing in a few cases.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Is anyone interested in picking up something from the rogue order:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4111

I would not mind trying a few of their products, but only 2 or 3 of each. Of interest to me would be a few of the chocolate stout that this order is for, and from their website to piggyback on the order if possible (depending on the pricing too) I would be interested in trying a couple bottles of the XS series (IPA, Imperial Stout, (old crustacean) barly wine).

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

im down for 2 chocolate stout and 2 imperial stout.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

XS comes in ceramic flip-top bottles of 750ml so they're pricey but, again, give me your wish lists and we'll put together what we can...again, I'll try to give you approximate pricing and then one of you needs to step forward to co-ordinetate orders and payment of deposits as we can't deal with 2 or 3 bottles of this or that.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

esprit wrote:XS comes in ceramic flip-top bottles of 750ml so they're pricey but, again, give me your wish lists and we'll put together what we can...again, I'll try to give you approximate pricing and then one of you needs to step forward to co-ordinetate orders and payment of deposits as we can't deal with 2 or 3 bottles of this or that.
That is how we have been doing previous orders. We figure how many full cases we need for peoples wants, then I or another member places the order, and we distribute it locally once it arrives. From your side it comes in as a single order by the case, and ships to one individual.

I figured the XS series would be expensive, which is why I am hoping to get enough interest to split up a case at maybe 2 or so per person.

Are the cases in the XS series 12x750ml?

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

I would take 4-6 bottles of the Rogue Imperial Stout, if you're interested in that one (one of the very best imperials out there).

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

xocoatl wrote:Are the cases in the XS series 12x750ml?
When we order through Bieropholie in Quebec, the cases are 6x750ml. They were $18-20 per bottle a few months ago before the dollar dove.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Hey KW folks - I have quickly created a forum where we can organize tastings/orders and lament over the Castle and other stuff - drop on by if you would like, it will be regularly updated if there is interest:

http://kwbeer.forumup.com/

This is obviously just a supplement to help us organize local stuff without making everyone in Ontario have to read about it here. I have no plans for Cass like world internet beer domination - just yet :) .

Jeff

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

And I've got a spreadsheet set up for organizing orders among us KW folks at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... oGgpoA6aWA

Let me know and I'll send you an invite to give you edit control.

Lets work it this way:

1. If something comes available on consignment, or if you want to organize a private order, feel free to add it to the spreadsheet or email me at johnston.mathew@gmail.com. (and I'll do it).
2. Whomever adds to the sheet should have already contacted the agent to find out what an order due-date should be, and get price and case/bottle size info. I'm still waiting to hear back from Esprit and R+R on some of the things listed there now.
3. I'll send out a notice to anyone who has given me their email address and I'll post here to see about interest.
4. On the due-date, I'll make an order to satisfy the registered demand.
4. I'll pick it up, and you can pick it up from me. I'm near Union and Moore.
Mat

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Look at us getting organized!

That's great Mat, thanks, I'll forward you some info.

Jeff

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Someone sent me their email address (other than Matt, tupalev, or xocoatl) but I have lost the message. Seriously, it's going to bother me for days, I don't know where it went. Send me another message? It was someone with a .ca email address and a fairly short domain name, if I recall.
Mat