Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Blue Jays fire manager, hire Cito Gaston

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Illuminatus

Blue Jays fire manager, hire Cito Gaston

Post by Illuminatus »

Not kidding.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/stor ... eball/home

Man, that brings back childhood memories...

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

thats crazy. Im not surprised they fired Gibbons, though its not his fault. He cant get up there and hit for these underachievers. But I never thought I would see Cito back at the helm. I always liked him though, and could never understand why he was never hired by anyone after he left the Jays.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

My first reaction was:

What? Really?

Then looked at the web page carefully and read the first bit of the article to make sure it wasn't fake. Then I checked two other sites for the news to confirm. Maybe they figured if MLSE can do it (bring back Fletcher) then why not them too. :wink:

Man, does this make JP look desperate or what?
lister

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

They should fire the sorry-ass GM while they're at it. I really can't think of many good things that Riccardi has done since he started despite all the hype. The great tragedy of this is that Ernie Whitt has also been axed.

Olde School

Post by Olde School »

Gaston, Leyva, Tenace? Maybe they can bring back WAMCO (White, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud)!

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Turns out it's most of the coaching staff, 'cept for Brad Arnsberg, architect of the diastrous A.J. Burnett acquisition.
It's window dressing. Probably won't affect a thing. I love the Jays, but they're over-rated in many ways and ill-equipped for the AL east.
But...ST is in stores...?! That'll make the constant losses a little more palatable.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'm afraid to see what my Gramma's reaction will be. She thought they should have fired him after '95
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I'm happy about this one. The Jays haven't been able to hit, so they need aqs many coaches and managers who can fix that horrible part of the team. Didn't work tonight losing 1-0 in extra innings, but I sure hope it translates to improved hitting.

Rosko

Post by Rosko »

Remember when the Jays were a model organization?

What a sad joke this is.